St. Remy was perfect...it is centrally located for day trips around provence and the town itself is really special. There are many great restaurants and shops to browse through.
As for the hotel, I am torn. It's not spectacular by any means. Having traveled from the Grand Hotel du Cap Ferrat on the coast, we were underwhelmed to say the least. The positives are that the location is great...you can walk to the town during the day (if adventurous, even at night, but there is a portion of the walk that is not lit by street lights, so I did not walk after dark). Also, the restaurant at the hotel is decent. The hotel is just not that great. The rooms are clean, but the bed is hard...not comfy at all. The spa was closed for renovations while we were there, but we were not told until we checked in...and that also meant, no access to the exercise room, as well. The staff was pleasant enough, but certainly not tripping over themselves with hospitality. There were nice touches, like the champagne upon arrival and switching our room on request, but they pretty much left us alone otherwise. I realize this is not always a bad thing, but if you are looking for dining suggestions and help in general, I would suggest you inquire elsewhere. The cleaning staff was extremely accommodating and sweet.
I think this place is fine if you are not looking for a 4 or 5 star experience and just need a good, reliable place to call home base. However, when we return, I would consider renting a villa instead.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Vallon de Valrugues is a 5 star Hotel and Spa with 48 rooms and suites, elegant and personalized, partly renovated in 2010. The Hotel is ideally located in a quiet area just 600 meters from the center of Saint Remy de Provence. You will enjoy discovering the gastronomic restaurant Marc de Passorio rewarded by the famous Red Guide with 1 star. The Chef offers as well a simpler cuisine with regional products in the Bistrot Gourmand. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Splendia, Tingo, Priceline, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Hotel Le Vallon de Valrugues & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Le Vallon De Valrugues St-Remy-De-Provence
- Hotel Le Vallon De Valrugues And Spa
- Vallon De Valrugues