This hotel is known for its chef, who lives up to his reputation with an excellent 1 star restaurant and bistro. The staff is courteous and helpful, and the rooms modern in an attractive way. Ours had a balcony looking out at the Alpilles. Unfortunately, Valrugues is almost completely devoid of character, or charm. Especially in this part of the world a hotel must be more than a collection of rooms. Access to St Remy, the Luberon and Glanum are fine. However, when not running around Gordes, there is nothing available here other than a hotel room, which begins to take on the impression of a prison ward from a Solzhenitsyn novel after a few days The grounds are confined to a small pool area, there is one miniature and prosaic sitting room, the entrance foyer is a desk area with the feel of the half price ticket booth in Liecester Square, and the owners response - a local family I've been told - is to add more bed chambers Other reviews on this site adequately add to and reinforce the general impression I convey. I might only add, by all means come for the food, but stay at Chateau D'Alpilles. Please.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Vallon de Valrugues is a 5 star Hotel and Spa with 48 rooms and suites, elegant and personalized, mostly renovated in 2014. The Hotel is ideally located in a quiet area just 600 meters from the center of Saint Remy de Provence. You will enjoy discovering the gastronomic restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Le Vallon de Valrugues & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Le Vallon De Valrugues And Spa
- Hotel Le Vallon De Valrugues St-Remy-De-Provence
- Vallon De Valrugues