“Wow” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Vancouver, BC
“Wow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2010

We wandered around town and loved the looks of place over all of the others. We made our way back at about 8pm and sat in the one of the three inside sections-there are three inside sections that surround and alley-like road with the alley filled with little tables under and awning lit with candles. We had the set menu for 14euros, the choices all sounded amazing and made it difficult to choose, opting for one appetizer and one entree only. There was one waitress and one waiter which at first made us second guess our restaurant choice, however, by staying we were rewarded with fantastic food. My mum had the fish soup which appeared with garlic pistou, croutons and grater parm. I am not sure if amazing is a strong enough word for how delicious this was but it will have to do! I had the vegetable tartare with chopped veggies and it was so simple yet perfectly executed that you felt as if you were I a 5 star restaurant not an alley bistro on an un-named street. From our mains we had sliced leg of lamb with a garlic cream (think tzatsiki. but better) and mussels arrabiata. We had a beautiful bottle of Rasteau and in total our bill was 50euros. They had a spanish live band playing made up of a father and two sons which although only played two songs all nigh adde to the atmosphere. All in all this dinner was fantastic and our pre.viols dinner had been at s micheline starred restaurant! Eat here and you will not be disappointed!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

48% Recommend
UK
“My favourite restaurant in St Remy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2010

It took me three years but I finally realised this is my favourite restaurant in St Remy. It's family-run and billed as a pizzeria and you can eat pizza there if you want (there's a wood-fired pizza oven) but I've never bothered as they also do an excellent prix fixe, 15.5 euro for two courses, five choices per course. I always have their fish soup on my first night there, it comes with the twiddly bits - aioli, cheese, croutons. I followed that with a daube. If you want pudding, it's an extra 2.5 euro for the pudding of the day. Wine by the jug, loads of outdoor seating, plenty of indoor seating and a quiet location as it's set on a side street. St Remy is full of good restaurants but most of them cost a great deal more than this one does. Don't miss.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere