“Great views adn service food good” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Une Table au Sud

Une Table au Sud
2 Quai du Port, 13002 Marseille, France (Hôtel de Ville)
+33 4 91 90 63 53
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Hôtel de Ville
Geneva, Switzerland
“Great views adn service food good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2015

The views of the port of Marsielle are great, the service was very good the food was okay. I was expected really great seafood and I was a little disappointed. The price was also high especially given the quality but it was just not as good as i expected but it is okay.

• Visited October 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“A nice anniversary dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2015

I chose this place for my husband's anniversary as I was looking for some gastronomic experiment. When I bought the gift card and made the reservation I specified it was an anniversary dinner. We got a really nice table for two with a view on the Vieux Port. Food was nice but definitely not unforgettable as I hoped for given the fact that it is a one star in the Michelin guide. If I am to remember something of what they served, it would be the amuse bouche hors menu. Everything else was nice but regular, even if somehow innovative in the combinations and in the molecular associations proposed for the mousses and the purées. Beverages were not included in the menu and they were a bit pricey but nicely chosen by the sommelier. However I expected a little candle on the cake or a nice discreet Happy anniversary moment from the waiters which is generally created in other restaurants whenever one specifies it is a celebration dinner. It was not the case. Globally, nice food, nice view but not a...once in a lifetime kind.

• Visited February 2015
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

Great lunch meny, nicely presented and very well executed. A bit pricy but the food and it's presentation make it worthy.

Grosse Pointe, Michigan
“Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Dinner two night ago just splendid . Service very good, food excellent. His take go bouillabaisse is very advanced.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Jackson, Mississippi
“Une Facture au Nord”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

We made reservations for lunch because we had heard of their great boullabaisse and other recettes. We were given a window table which gave us an interesting view onto the Vieux Port and quai boulevard. The atmosphere was formal, a little stuffy and busy. Perhaps another seat would afford a different feeling...

We enjoyed the experience, but at a price I thought was too much. I don't buy into the expression, "After all, it's Marseille!" Without doubt, I rate food, service and atmosphere as average; the cost, too much.

Visited August 2013