“A nice anniversary dinner” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Une Table au Sud

Une Table au Sud
2 Quai du Port, 13002 Marseille, France (Hôtel de Ville)
+33 4 91 90 63 53
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Hôtel de Ville
“A nice anniversary dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2015

I chose this place for my husband's anniversary as I was looking for some gastronomic experiment. When I bought the gift card and made the reservation I specified it was an anniversary dinner. We got a really nice table for two with a view on the Vieux Port. Food was nice but definitely not unforgettable as I hoped for given the fact that it is a one star in the Michelin guide. If I am to remember something of what they served, it would be the amuse bouche hors menu. Everything else was nice but regular, even if somehow innovative in the combinations and in the molecular associations proposed for the mousses and the purées. Beverages were not included in the menu and they were a bit pricey but nicely chosen by the sommelier. However I expected a little candle on the cake or a nice discreet Happy anniversary moment from the waiters which is generally created in other restaurants whenever one specifies it is a celebration dinner. It was not the case. Globally, nice food, nice view but not a...once in a lifetime kind.

• Visited February 2015
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Excellent food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

Great lunch meny, nicely presented and very well executed. A bit pricy but the food and it's presentation make it worthy.

Grosse Pointe, Michigan
“Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Dinner two night ago just splendid . Service very good, food excellent. His take go bouillabaisse is very advanced.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Jackson, Mississippi
“Une Facture au Nord”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

We made reservations for lunch because we had heard of their great boullabaisse and other recettes. We were given a window table which gave us an interesting view onto the Vieux Port and quai boulevard. The atmosphere was formal, a little stuffy and busy. Perhaps another seat would afford a different feeling...

We enjoyed the experience, but at a price I thought was too much. I don't buy into the expression, "After all, it's Marseille!" Without doubt, I rate food, service and atmosphere as average; the cost, too much.

Visited August 2013
Paris, France
“A notch below perfect”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

A beautiful setting overlooking the old port- and between 2 of the usual port tourist restaurants. Don't miss the special door! The food and service are excellent- but. There is a low priced lunch menu which is a real value, and when we ordered the more expensive lunch menu it seemed that there wasn't that much difference that we could see between it and the lower priced menu. Only the choice of the main plate and the appetizer. Surely not worth the difference of 9 euros. I know that is quibbling- but at a restaurant of this caliber, one has expectations. I would go again, but be more careful about ordering the set menu.

• Visited July 2014