“I recommend” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Hotel, Marseille Vieux Port

You added Radisson Blu Hotel, Marseille Vieux Port to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Hotel, Marseille Vieux Port
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   38 - 40 Quai de Rive Neuve, 13007 Marseille, France (Formerly Radisson SAS) (Saint-Victor)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #16 of 123 Hotels in Marseille
Paris, France
“I recommend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

Great location in the city center. Rooms are comfortable, bright and big enough. Tea and coffee facilities. Pleasant restaurant with view on the port. Nice buffet breakfast with a lot of different items. Friendly staff. Swimming pool with a grill during the nice season.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Radisson_Marseille, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Marseille Vieux Port, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Dear Véronique,

thank you for your good reviews!
We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed both our facilities and service and we sincerely look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Until then, many best regards!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

Nice hotel in Marseille France, right on the harbor, comfortable rooms, some with harbor views, nice facilities, friendly and helpful staff. Walking distance to the entire harbor area, and to the old historic district. Close to many restaurants, and food stores, bakeries and soap shops which Marseille is famous for. Go and enjoy it all and a good nights sleep is awaiting your visit.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Radisson_Marseille, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Marseille Vieux Port, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Dear Guest,

You can be sure that we do all our best to welcome you in the Yes I Can spirit.
Thank you very much, we appreciate your comment.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

This hotel was great overall. I would have given this place 5 dots, but because of the poor check-out, it unfortunately gave me the last impression before I left and I had to knock off a dot.

I have recently been in Marseille two months earlier and decided to try another hotel this time, not because I was unhappy with the other hotel, but I wanted to stay somewhere in a more lively area this time. Le Vieux Port is a good spot for that with plenty of restaurants and people in the area. (In the end, I was working most of the time, so I guess this will be less of a factor for me next time I decide to book).

I was staying for 4 nights. Check in was very fast. All of the staff were very helpful and professional. The room was nice with enough room and large bathroom. I asked for a room facing the vieux port, so I had a lovely view. Big, comfortable bed. When I asked for some toothpaste and tea for my room, the staff brought it right away. The best part was internet: the wifi is free and very fast (a nice perk after coming from a super slow connection in Monaco).

The breakfast spread was very good and had lots of choice. I order room service a couple of times. Food nothing spectacular, but ok. Be warned to ask for mayo on the side of your sandwiches and no salt on your salads since they go overboard on both.

There is a gym on the 3rd floor, but depending where you are staying in the building, you will need to go back down to the lobby and go into their other connected building (as I found out). It has a few machines, but it looks like guests rarely use it, so the treadmill was always free when I went.

So the check-out: I actually was early leaving for the day. There was a short queue and I was 3rd in line. The line took awhile to even get moving. After I had paid, I noticed that the room service charges were higher than I remembered. I had to end up going back up to my room and showing the menu. The reception refunded the difference, but in the end, the whole check-out process took almost 20 minutes, making me late for my day in the end.

Overall, a great hotel, although I wouldn't expect less for the price (all of the hotels around the Vieux Port are expensive, so this might be one of the lesser expensive ones). If I need to stay at the Vieux Port again, this might be an option, but considering long days I have when I am in Marseille, the fact that there are better value hotels in the city and the last poor impression leaving the hotel, I'm not sure if I'll need to stay here again. I honestly would have stayed here in a pinch again and I hate to be such a diva and be so affected by one last incident, but since the check-out made me late on the last day which really annoyed me, I'll have to forgive and forget if I will stay here again for my next visit to Marseille.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Radisson_Marseille, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Marseille Vieux Port, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback.

On behalf of our front staff here at the Radisson Blu we apologize for the concerns you had about your check out. We already sent you a personal email and remember the express check out service available to earn time.

I will do everything to welcome you with the best conditions we used to do.

Thanks a lot for your understanding and please apologize again.

Sincerely yours,

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a few nights before and after a cruise round the med. lovely modern hotel with great staff. We did not eat here because there are so many places in the centre. Just to warn you it is a 10 minute walk to what is considered to be the centre but we preferred that as it is much quieter. The room was lovely and modern.
When you get a taxi be warned that there are two Radisson hotels here! We only found out when the taxi driver took us to the wrong one....

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Radisson_Marseille, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Marseille Vieux Port, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Dear Frumpsta,

thank you for your lovely reviews on both our hotel and staff. It is always the best of rewards for us to find out that our customers enjoyed their stay and I sincerely hope that we will have the pleasure to welcoming you again in a near future!

In the meantime, please accept my most sincere regards.
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

Radisson Blu Marseille is an excellent choice. Good facility, modern and clean. Breakfast is quite good. Location is not the best but is on the Port and not far from most of the best atraction. Staff is friendly and helpfull.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Radisson_Marseille, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Marseille Vieux Port, responded to this review, February 8, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your last experience in Marseille.
We are happy each time a guest enjoy his stay in our Radisson Blu hotel.
All our staff do its best to welcome you and do of your stay an special event.

paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

very well located, this hotel has superb view on the so called 'vieux port' harbour, not so far from restaurants and down town is just 10 minutes walk from there. the rooms are very well furbished and the queen bed is very comfortable.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience.
We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our location.

We are looking forward to welcoming you for your next stay in Radisson Blu Hotel Marseille.

Paris, France
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

For the price, this is a well exaggerated. They have such a great location but they let themselves down badly in the details of the room and the restaurant.
The public price displayed int he room was 495Euros/night. If you can get it for 100Euros plus breakfast, it could be considerd as acceptable. But to pitch it at nearly 500/night, they really are dreaming.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Been to Radisson Blu Hotel, Marseille Vieux Port? Share your experiences!