“Nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Hotel, Marseille Vieux Port

You added Radisson Blu Hotel, Marseille Vieux Port to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Hotel, Marseille Vieux Port
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   38 - 40 Quai de Rive Neuve, 13007 Marseille, France (Formerly Radisson SAS) (Saint-Victor)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #16 of 123 Hotels in Marseille
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

Nice hotel. Good food. Unfortunately let down by a pool party currently taking place until midnight tonight. Music incredibly loud, not good when I have a 7am start and my two children are trying to sleep. THEY SHOULD WARN THEIR GUESTS as I would not have stayed here if I'd known. Thought this was a 4 star hotel not a 1 star ibiza experience.

• Stayed August 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

The location was priceless, right in front of the harbour. Modern building and very spacious. The breakfast spread was unbelievable. Every type of food for every taste and very abundant. Valet parking was reasonable and the service outstanding. The pool was amazing, day and night. Great view from the terrace and very well decorated.

Room Tip: You can't go wrong in this hotel, very western feel to it in a great location.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Cardiff, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

we stayed 2 nights at this hotel as an add on to a river cruise which was booked by the tour company. The hotel gets a lot of business this way every weekend.
The hotel is well located,near to a good choce of restaurants and not far from the little ferry that operates to cross to the other side.
Needless to say, as this was a block booking ,we did not get a room with a view, but it was quiet clean and comfortable, except for the air conditioning. the fan made a lot of noise but delivered no cool air. We reported this twice to reception, the second time I requested a fan if nothing else could be done. the fan never materialised , so we endured two hot and uncomfortable nights.
The breakfast buffet was the usual choice of hot and cold items, the coffe was good, with hot milk provided.
We ate out both evenings firstly at the yacht club with lovely views across the harbour, (expensive but good) the second evening at a place called 'le bouche provencale' which was excellent.
Be aware that thereh are improvement works in progress in the area of the old port at the moment. By next year it should all be finished.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Antwerp, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

good location, on a central position but quiet , breakfast is excellent , very friendly staff members, swimming pool is not so big , buth perfect for some water pleasure ... a perfect hotel to discover wonderful marseille

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
FL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

I am usually not one to complain and admit it was an Exhausting day traveling by train from Barcelona to Marseille for 6 1/2 hours and arriving at Midnight to an unfamiliar and unfriendly station trying to find a taxi to the Radisson. One person was on duty upon our arrival at the reception desk and gave us our keys to the 2 rooms which we hoped to find as described. As my husband and his business associate had a 7 AM meeting the next day it was imperative to have the Internet to communicate. It was 1 AM by then when we got to our rooms and found it not working. OK. Seems we had that problem in trains and hotels all along..He would try later again. While my husband was enjoying a nice hot shower (let me say how hot and horrible it was in the Barcelona train station in August!!) I decided to brush my teeth to find the water quickly rising in the sink! OK, I'll just pull out the drain stop myself and clear it while the water continued to fill the sink...and with it came up bits of meat, lettuce, and other remnants of what can only be described as...Vomit!! Gagging I took out my hand, but the water was not going down! My husband tried clearing it with the shower head without success. A call to Reception brought The Guy up to the room who took alook and shook his head and disappeared to call back via phone 15 minutes later that we would have to wait UNTIL MORNING! I DON'T THINK SO! My husband told him and how about you give us a new room and and You bring up the key? No apologies, nothing. It was now 2 AM. Now when we checked in with The Guy earlier, at 1 AM my husband had requested a LATE CHECKOUT considering the time of his early meeting and my plans to sleep in before our 2pm departure to Paris. Starting at 12 Reception calls me asking why I'm still in the room and I explain that we had requested a late checkout...oh, but she has no information on that and I need to call my husband and blah, blah, blah and I explain Again how we requested late checkout and blah, blah and she repeats her stance there is nothing noted on us about this and persists. 12:30 again she calls and complains and repeats blah, blah, rather than extend it and chooses to complain how I need my husband to call reception blah, blah until I finally ask her thinking maybe this is a language problem?. Are you saying I need to get out of the room now?? Yes and do I need help she asks? I storm out of the room dragging all of our luggage by myself In front of Reception and wait for my husband to get back and he confronts reception who Denies it all! She offers taking the cost of breakfast..yeah, my cup of tea and fruit cup off as compensation. We will be back for another business trip in Oct and it sure won't be here again and may rethink Radissons in general back home after this kind of treatment !

Room Tip: Overseas figure out your next stop and mode of transportation. It isn't simple to get a taxi an...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Peer, België
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

The hotel is very well located and the rooms are very well isolated of the road noise. The rooms are comfortable and clean, and the decor modern and warm. Our room (Business Class Rooms) had a view on the old harbour of Marseille.
A big draw of this hotel is the roof top garden and pool. It is great to take a couple of hours relaxing by the pool after a day sight seeing.
Breakfast is excellent, good quality of food.
Staff was very friendly and helpfull.
Customers were a mix of well behaved families and couples, although the hotel was also popular with aircrew as a stop over.
Its a fab place to stay with lots of restaurants nearby.
We would fully recommend this hotel visiting Marseille.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Garland, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

The room I stayed in - 532 - was nice to look at but poor use of space.
The was 1 drawer in the entire room, located under the safe i a closet.
There were ho shelves or drawers i the bathroom - everythig had to be
placed on the counter around the sink. There were no drawers i the
living/sleeping area at all; not in the night stands or the desk. We ended
up living out of our suicase for two nights.
A large set of open shelves were placed over the concealed minibar,
but they were suitable as bookshelves, not storage. There was a large
shelf over the clothes hanger rod - over 6 feet up and not easily accessable.
All of the funiture was of high standards - looking good in a brochure but
useless as a hotel room.
At breakfast we were greated by a plate of at least 30 precooked pancakes
and several microwave-style waffles, both at room temperature. Large pots
of soggy bacon, potatoes. The cold meats and cheeses were a better option.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Radisson Blu Hotel, Marseille Vieux Port? Share your experiences!