“The perfect place for a nice break!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of ResidHotel Grand Prado

You added ResidHotel Grand Prado to your Saves list
ResidHotel Grand Prado
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7 Square des Freres Ambrogiani | Allée Turcat Méry, 13008 Marseille, France   |
Ranked #81 of 123 Hotels in Marseille
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“The perfect place for a nice break!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011

This is about the 5th or 6th time that I've stayed there but never actually got round to writing a review.
It's a nice hotel which also has apartments. We had a studio apartment which sleeps two people (two single beds). It's spotlessly clean, has an open kitchen with all the necessary utensils, plus a fridge, microwave and two electric cooking plates.
There is also a nice big balcony, and of course a TV, bathroom with both bath and shower. The staff on reception are very helpful and friendly.
Next to the hotel is the Carrefour supermarket which is very handy for picking up supplies, and just around the corner is a big market which sells everything from fruit and vegetabls to clothes and shoes etc. etc. There's also a metro station outside which takes you directly to St Charles Railway Station.
What I enjoy most about it is that, as it's an apartment, I don't get bothered by the chambermaid and I can just relax and sleep as late as I want to. Of course I have to make my own bed but hey, that's the price of freedom!!!

Room Tip: A nice quiet place and just a 20 minute walk down to the Vieux Port.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2011

fabulous for our needs - 7 of us stayed in 2 apartments & loved the experience. The staff were friendly & helpful, the location was perfect & we found the accommodations very nice. Steps from the Metro, from a grocer & from the outdoor street markets... plenty of living space, one of our rooms having even a rooftop patio that was glorious - view of mountains, table & lounge chair, etc. Except for having to ask for TP & towels a couple times, the staff seemed quite attentive to what we needed. They even got us a bottle of dish soap without us asking. Free WiFi too. Overall, we were extremely pleased - the price was even reasonable. We plan to return here.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
south Wales
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2010

Too far from either port or beaches area so lots of walking AND lots of bus fares. Rooms lacked any comfort,very sparse and uninviting. Beds uncomfortable,kitchen ill equiped and air con noisy and ineffective. Tiny towels which I was charged 5 euros for when I asked for them to be changed.State of carpets in corridor disgusting.Ancient lifts that kept breaking down, one of which did not even go to the floor we were on.Mo way should this place be 3 star.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Milan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2009

Honestly I wasn't expecting a that good hotel.
The room was just marvelous, very modern. Everything was fresh and extremely clean. There was a small kitchen with pans and everything was needed to eat. There was also a small electric oven and a small fridge with freezer.
There's no free internet connection, but there is a public wifi connection, that costs 3 euros per hour or 7 euros per 24 hours, that works perfectly.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Venice, Italy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2006

I spent almost TEN minutes at Resid'Hotel Marseille and that was enough for me. Ugly and grotty reception , unwelcoming receptionniste, low and suspiciously unstable bed covered by a stained bed duvet which has probably seen all sort of battles plaied on. Dust a bit everywhere. I left immediately and i thanked my usual precaution not to book in advance if I did not know the hotel. I went to the Holiday Inn round the corner and that was a different story.

Stayed April 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2005

Pros: Hotel was renovated recently; all was shiny and new. Adequately equipped kitchenette. Would definitely return. Staff uniformly friendly and helpful, especially with directions to points of interest in Marseille. Twenty minute walk to the Old Port. Cons: Noisy locale, esp. in early mornings; no coffee maker; no pepper or salt in kitchenette

• Stayed October 2005
Milan, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2005

The Residhotel Grand Prado is not bad... Of course, it's not a "Grand Hotel", but it's a good hotel, especially when i saw other "hotels" in Marseille !
Well, first of all, the Residhotel is very well situated, it's adjacent to the Avenue du Prado (50 meters walk), which is, in my eyes, the most beautiful street of Marseille (especially the second part of the avenue, the one directed to the David's beach). There is a subway station situated just 100 meters from the hotel on the Avenue du Prado, that's fantastic !
The rooms are clean, comfortable, of a good size, and they all have a private balcony.
There is a very convenient parking just below the hotel. It's not the Residhotel's private parking (they don't have one), but the concierge can give you a multiday pass (9 euros per day).
We took our breakfast in our room everyday, as there was a little kitchen with all commodities, we just bought some delicious fresh croissants each morning (the neighborhood is full of "boulangeries"). Don't take your breakfast at the hotel's bar, it's a total rip-off with very little to eat.
There is almost no services in the hotel. I saw a computer with Internet connection at the reception, but I didn't used it.
The concierge was very helpful and kind. Two thumbs up !
The main defect about this hotel is that there is not a single good restaurant in the neighborhood... You must walk till the "Place Castellanne" (8 minutes by walk) to find some good (and pricey) restaurants.
All in all, Residhotel is OK, it's definitely not a luxury hotel, but for the price we paid (58 euros per night), I consider it was a good value.
I would give a "2 stars-superior" rating to the Residhotel.
We liked to stay in Marseille, the city has some very interesting neighborhoods, like "Le Panier" or "Vallon Auffes", we also enjoyed the beaches at David, and we were absolutely delighted by the world-famous "Calanques" (the most impressive Calanque is "En Vau").
If you go to Marseille, you must eat the "Bouillabaisse", which is an incredible dish, they know how to do it only in some restaurants, like the "Rhul" on the "Corniche Kennedy".
I would definitely go back to Marseille, but if I want some more luxury and services, I would stay elsewhere than at the Residhotel...

• Stayed June 2005

Been to ResidHotel Grand Prado? Share your experiences!