“The lodging we keep thinking about after our trip...” 5 of 5 stars

Casa Ortega
46, rue des Petites Maries, 13001 Marseille, France   |
Ranked #8 of 58 Marseille B&B and Inns
Boise, Idaho
“The lodging we keep thinking about after our trip...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2014

We recently stayed two nights at Casa Ortega, and found the property to be extraordinary... décor unique and appealing; room design efficient and effective (including small desk and cabinet, and good WIFI), clean, and carpet-free (which we greatly prefer); and the location excellent for anyone traveling by train and willing to walk the fascinating multi-cultural neighborhoods to the old port. The hostess is also extraordinary... her recommendations were perfect for our tastes, and her kindness was genuine. We returned this weekend from our 19 days in the south of France, and Casa Ortega is the lodging that we remember with the greatest fondness.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Casa_Ortega, Propriétaire at Casa Ortega, responded to this review, September 24, 2014
thank you so much!!I hope you had a great stay in south of France, and I will remember your fondness for Marseille, I' m glad to have been a good help in your discovery.
And glad also you liked my favourite places!!

Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

The rooms were excellent as was the continental breakfast. Caroline, the proprietor, was very welcoming and a great source of information on places to visit, in and around Marseille. I would recommend this B&B without any reservation at all.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Casa_Ortega, Propriétaire at Casa Ortega, responded to this review, September 2, 2014
thanks!!! always a pleasure to give my best adresses to share!
West Lafayette, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

I've traveled a lot and have very high standards, but Casa Ortega is absolutely INCREDIBLE! My sister and I had to make a last minute booking because of a nightmare traveling day, and we didn't end up getting to the hotel until around 11pm. It was right across the street from the train station (5 minute walk), and Caroline was so so sweet when we got there. She stayed up late to make sure we got in okay, carried our bags up to our room (no elevator), let us leave whatever we needed to downstairs with her, and had an absolutely AMAZING breakfast waiting for us fresh when we woke up in the morning. She spoke almost perfect english as well! The room was incredibly clean, with a very comfortable bed and beautiful shower with a rainfall showerhead. I would stay at this B&B again in a heartbeat!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
car0tte13, Propriétaire at Casa Ortega, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Thanks a lot, I m really happy if you had a great time, and it is great to welcome guests like you.
hope to see you soon:)) if you have the opportunity to come back to Marseille!!
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I think ownership has recently switched hands and new owner Caroline seems to be keeping the tradition of wonderful hospitality going. Located close to main train station (where bus from airport also comes in) which is convenient although not necessarily prettiest part of town but we felt safe there. 15-20 walk to Vieux Porte and le Panier district or Cours Julien which were the areas we went out in. Great WiFi and decent breakfast. Caroline was always available to offer recommendations and was very accommodating. We arrived earlier than we had said we were going to and no-one was in but a quick phone call and Caroline arrived to let us in. Beautiful room - deep red walls and old leather armchair and fabulous retro features. All in all a wonderful stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
I always try to act as a guest, and I would have appreciate someone waiting for me as well:)) thanks a lot, it was a real pleasure to have you at home, and I hope you find some more croissants on your way!!
safe travel to both of you!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

I went interrailing in july-august 2013, and this place was a definite highlight. The deco is querky and super cool, absolutely first class customer service, highly recommended. Great choice for breakfast and WiFi too. I remember the shower and bed being very luxurious.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Casa Ortega? Share your experiences!