Some of the staff are the main reason for an average rating, the hotel is very modern very clean with good sized rooms and on a good bus route for train station /city ect, from t/station buss 82s.
We stayed two nights breakfast on first day very good quantity and quality with only a few guests, but on second day a group of some 40/50 people where using breakfast that should be fine in a large hotel but the staff seemed only to have time for cleaning tables so no scrambled eggs for us and at the end of our breakfast say 30 mins still no scrambled eggs refreshed, also on first day reported to reception that toaster at b/fast did not work on second day still same broken toaster.
We had booked an upgrade to executive room but on reading some reviews cancelled, on arrival booked in other than asking for my credit card and giving us the key nothing said by receptionist, room very clean both days good white linen on beds and towels in b/room.
only problem with room was that your view was blighted by air conditioning ducts on roof outside window.
The room had a Nespresso coffee maker and a fridge with drinks neither used.
On booking out we find we have been charged for an executive room some 90 Euros I try to explain my cancelation but to no avail, I point out that as an Accor club member I had used some 10000 points to pay for this room and as a gold card member at time of booking I would expect a FREE upgrade to a better room than I had especialy as the hotel was under occupied but had a plane to catch so just paid,
Also asked did they have an outside area to drink "no" I ask what about the pool area one of the reasons we booked this hotel, "closed it is not the season" this is April in the South of France the temperature was at midday around 24 degrees and forcast was to stay the same ???????, but again no interest shown by staff did not wish to swim just sit outside.
Have emailed Accor 3 days ago but no reply to date.
we have two more hotels booked this year through Accor, the Winter Palace and the Cataract both in Egypt where fortunately I know service will be much better, also our last hotel with Accor was in February in Wetherby Yorkshire the service knocked spots off the Novotel Marseille for a third of the cost, Just very disapointed
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4-star Novotel Marseille Vieux Port hotel welcomes you in the heart of the Phocean city for a unique stay: with your family, visit the key sites such as the MUCEM, Palais du Pharo, Fort St. Jean and access the beaches in just minutes. While on business trips, benefit from free WIFI, our private car park and the views of the Old Port from our Novotel Cafe restaurant. The hotel also benefits from direct access to highways. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Novotel Marseille Vieux Port reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Marseille Vieux Port Hotel Marseille
- Accor Marseille Vieux Port
- Marseille Novotel