I didn't find the rooms to be shabby, but they weren't anything to get excited about. Typical miniscule TV (for Italy) and average furnishings. Mostly though, there are two concerns. Service staff at the front desk were accommodating, but when you go to check out or check in, allow yourself plenty of time. They just don't seem to have a system in place to handle this basic service and with large groups coming and going you could spend a LONG time waiting. As for the food, the restaurant experience downstairs was the worst I had in 3 weeks of European travel. Staff was nonchalant. The steaks were the worst pieces of meat I've ever had, anywhere, any time. The food was truly horrible. All this for 110 euro for two. Eat in town.
I didn't realize that the Sofitel hotel was essentially in the same building and I walked into their lobby by mistake. Nothing but regret for having chosen the poor cousin.
The location is very close to the Pharo Park and the hotel is a 15 minute walk to the further inland part of the Old Port.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4-star Novotel Marseille Vieux Port hotel welcomes you in the heart of the Phocean city for a unique stay: with your family, visit the key sites such as the MUCEM, Palais du Pharo, Fort St. Jean and access the beaches in just minutes. While on business trips, benefit from free WIFI, our private car park and the views of the Old Port from our Novotel Cafe restaurant. The hotel also benefits from direct access to highways. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, ACCOR, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Odigeo, Venere, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Novotel Marseille Vieux Port reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Marseille Vieux Port Hotel Marseille
- Accor Marseille Vieux Port
- Marseille Novotel