Half of the building is the Novotel and half is the Sofitel. Some shared facilities including the pool which is great. Good things are the location. High up but slightly out of town but it looks back into Marseilles which is lovely. Great dining room terrace which means you can sit outside and enjoy the view for breakfast or in the evening. Breakfast buffet is good but not great. But not many other options in the locality if you don't pay for breakfast. Evening meal was actuality very good. Much better than it appeared to be from the menu. Actually much better value than the restaurants just set back from the port offering set menus. These appear good value but food can be terrible.
Hotel rooms are large and I think it is worth paying for a view of the port as they are stunning. Some rooms are very dark though. I moved twice before I found one that I was satisfied with. Water in bathroom smelt a little and the smells from the drains were quite ....... High.
Bad things: carpets in corridors were stained and dirty. Room service trays abandoned outside rooms and left until the next day which created messy impression. Staff in the hotel were pretty indifferent. Rarely saw a smile from any of them. Staff in restaurant seemed unhappy. House keeping staff did not acknowledge you. Receptionists tried to be helpful but spoke very little English.
But inspite of the above I would stay again. View was lovely and so was the pool. Pretty good value overall. Just better managers needed to get the staff to care a little more!!
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Marseille Vieux Port Hotel
- Novotel Marseille Vieux Port Hotel Marseille
- Novotel Marseille
- Accor Marseille Vieux Port
- Marseille Novotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a few second to relax on our beautiful terasse and face the Vieux Port. The Novotel welcome you every day for a business trip or a family stay. Best place to visit Marseille and join the downtown, the beaches, "Notre Dame de la Garde", etc. Our staff will help to have a nice stay in the south of France. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, ACCOR, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Novotel Marseille Vieux Port reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.