“Great Location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Adagio Marseille Prado Plage

You added Adagio Marseille Prado Plage to your Saves list
Adagio Marseille Prado Plage
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   46, rue des Mousses, Prado Plage, 13008 Marseille, France   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
SAVE UP TO 40 %
Ranked #64 of 124 Hotels in Marseille
Bermuda
“Great Location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2008

We stayed here for the quarter final weekend of the Rugby World cup. I was expecting a residence and having stayed in something similar when skiing I knew what to expect and it is perfect if all you want is bed to sleep in and somewhere to make a bit of breakfast.
It was about 3 minutes to the beach, close to the supermarket and restuarants and about 20 minute walk to the velodrome (for the rugby). The Bus went frequently to the centre of the town and is well linked with the Metro, which then links to the main station and the TGV. So perfect if you get the Eurostar to paris and continue on the TGV.
The staff were friendly and the room was clean when we arrived. Would definitely stay again if I was going to Marseille.

Stayed October 2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Abbotsford, BC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2007

We spent 2 weeks this past month (September) @ this hotel. We were part of a group in Marseille for the World Cup of Rugby and booked on the advice of the travel agent. Over all, we were disappointed.

The hotel is in a great spot, 500 meters from the beach, which is gorgeous. There are many restaurants within walking distance as well as a grocery store and pharmacy. The local bus is a block away. The #83 bus will take you to the Old Port or the Metro, from which you can easily go to the train station. A bus leaves the train station for the airport regularly. Be warned, the airport is a 70 Euro trip by taxi. There is magnificent park, Parc Borely, just a block away and you can rent bikes there as well. We found the staff to be helpful.

As to the hotel itself, it can best be described as 'down at the heels'. The building is old, the rooms small and less than clean. The bedding is disgusting. We had one old, matted blanket and a cover of dubious vintage, and I was afraid to look at the pillows inside the pillow case. There is a shower inside the bathtub. The rooms are 'cleaned' once a week and the bedding changed. There is a 2 burner cooktop and dishes, pots and pans and small fridge should you want to cook. We used it for breakfast mostly. (remeber the grocery store a block away.) There are 2 bath towels and 2 hand towels supplied, but you are charged 8 Euros for extras. There is a laundry in the basement, but it costs 4.50 E. to wash and 2 E for the dryer.

We wouldn't stay there again, but if your 'grunge' threshold is high enough the proximity to the beaches may sway you.

• Liked — close to amenities
  • Disliked — lack of cleanliness
  • Stayed September 2007
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Paris, France
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2007

I stayed at the Pierre et Vacance Prado Plage last week for 3 nights.
I will not return. Having booked the place on Expedia I assumed what I was booking was a three star hotel. No. What I booked was a
"residence". As the previous post said..How it got 3 stars I will never know.

The concept of this place is that what you are booking is in essence a studio apartment or larger with your own cooking facilities (small kitchen with 2 burners, refrigerator, sink, small coffee maker, dishes, pots and pans, dishwasher. The concept is good if you are really on a budget especially with a few small kids in tow. There is a small pool that kids would enjoy.

However be warned: they do not clean up or even tidy the rooms each day... you do that. They do not provide new linens or towels. You have to launder them. The pots and pans frankly were dusty as were the dishes. If you want to wash them you will have to bring your own dish washing liquid. I'm not kidding! And the topper, that nearly made me strangle a member of staff...they do not supply you with..
are you ready?... toilet paper!!! You have to bring your own!!! Ridiculous and frankly, insulting! When I complained about this, the woman at reception said, well, she coudl give me one roll but that was it. She then proceeded to hand me a bare roll of toilet paper across the reception desk. How low-class can you get?!

The television was a joke with no more than 8-10 channels. CNN was one of them but the reception was terrible. The bed was a sofa bed and not comfortable. Oh, also, there were no pillow cases on the pillows. Instead they had placed a full size sheet across them ... Yeah! Huh!?!?

What else? Each room has a balcony- request one high up as you may catch a nice view of the beach. I think I saw a condom wrapper under the boards of my balcony. What class!

Bathrooms- No shower door- somewhat typical for Europe. However, no hairdryer either- not typical for Europe.

The only real plus to this place...it is about a 5-10 minute walk to the beach and the number 83 bus is right nearby if you don't want to spend on taxi to get the the Old Port area. So convenient.
But there are plenty of other hotels nearby as well.

For the same price, I would prefer to stay at a hotel that actually supplies me with toilet paper, services and professional staff. Avoid this place. And Expedia should be sure to advertising this place properly. It does not belong amongst hotels.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — everything else
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2006

When you arrive at a hotel to be told that they have no reservation for you it's not a good start. Our reservation was made and paid for 6 weeks previously through Eurostar - luckily I had brought a screen print with me to prove it. After around 20 minutes arranging a room I was then asked for €50 immediately to pay for local taxes which I wasn't expecting. On arriving in our room we unpacked only to find the safety deposit box was broken. I went down to reception and was given a new key. This didn't resolve the problem. 3 more trips from my room to reception with different keys and I was somewhat surprised that I was doing all the running around and not a member of staff. On the fourth trip to reception I was given a key to another vacant room and told we would have to move. So we packed and unpacked and moved to another room, which hadn't yet been cleaned. Foolishly I expected a housekeeper to do this at some point after we moved in, but the room wasn't cleaned until 8 days later. This was the only time the room was cleaned throughout our 10 day stay, although I'm led to believe that this is normal for a "residence". We were also provided with a welcome pack on our arrival, although on opening this it was nothing but a load of leaflets trying to sell us a Pierre et Vacances timeshare, so no helpful information regarding our stay was provided.
The room was airconditioned which was appreciated during the day, but there was no control to adjust the temperature or turn it off at night. After 3 days I woke up with a headache and earache from the arctic blast. When I enquired how to turn it off I was given a hand-drawn diagram of the fuse box and instructions on how to trip the switch, thereby turning the air conditioning off. The beds are sofa-beds, and though reasonably comfortable not what I would expect from a 3 star establishment, and definitely not suitable for anyone elderly or a light sleeper.
The television is a pointless accessory as the signal is so poor that it is unwatchable.
The swimming pool is very small, unmanaged and the contents are spread all through the ground floor reception on a daily basis and the lift floors are always soaking wet.
The laundry has one very small washing machine (€4.50 per wash) but no iron.
The windows are not double-glazed and, although situated in a residential area, it is very noisy outside until about 0230 hrs and this kept us awake.
The staff varied from shockingly rude to mildly pleasant, one receptionist even took it upon herself to ask me for I.D. every time I asked for my room key. The attitude of the staff was all the more surprising as everyone else we met in Marseille seemed genuinely polite and welcoming.
On the plus side this Pierre et Vacances is situated in a very convenient location - a bus and/or metro ride outside Marseille, 5 minutes walk from Parc Borély (which is beautiful), 5 minutes to the beach and there are a few restaurants nearby - I would particularly recommend the Dar Djerba if you fancy a genuine North African experience - but go prepared (i.e. starve yourself for at least 24 hours) as they serve incredibly generous portions. The Stade Velodrome is also about 20 minutes walk away - I would recommend going to watch L'OM play to any football (soccer) fan - or even a visit just for the atmosphere if you are not.
Marseille itself would need a whole new review - but don't miss out on one of the most truly amazing cities I have ever visited.
A truly unforgettable holiday in Marseille - but for all the wrong reasons with regard to Pierre et Vacances. How they ever got 3 stars is beyond me.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Staff
  • Tips/Secrets — Good location - try to find alternative accommodation in the same area
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Adagio Marseille Prado Plage? Share your experiences!