“lack lustre” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #100 of 1,496 Restaurants in Marseille
Cuisines: Organic, Vegetarian, Eclectic
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Hitchin, United Kingdom
“lack lustre”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Our carnivorous French friends who live near Marseille took us for lunch on a Monday. They'd never been to a veggie restaurant before but treated my partner and me because I'm vegetarian. Members of staff were helpful and friendly. The menu choices were rather limited and the dishes somewhat lack lustre. The owners should, however, be commended for promoting a healthier lifestyle in a French city through veggie food. If they read this and want to see a very good veggie resto they should visit 'La faim des haricots' in Toulouse.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Exeter, United Kingdom
“Excellent Vegetarian Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

We found this place on the internet while in France, it was not well advertised but we can see why. When we arrived at 12 noon there was only one table free. As we ate our food we could see so many people being turned away. I was not aware that there was such a demand for vegetarian food in France.
The food was simple, but very tasty. There were six items to choose from and we chose three from the six. The service was very good with friendly English speaking staff.
Easy to find about 5 minutes walk from the port. Only open during the day.

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hanoi, Vietnam
“Super bon!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

This is a cute vegetarian "cantine" that is loved by locals. So I hesitated to write a review .
When I visited my friend who lives in Marseille tooke me there and I loved it.
The vegetable they use are fresh and from local farmers, the food was delicious and healthy, the service was good, and the price was very reasonable.
I am sure that non vegetarian people also enjoy all the dishes.
They have also delicious desserts and I wanted to try all of them.
Be careful though they only open lunch time in week days. (I think they open some Thursday night for music but I am not sure exactly.)
When I was there at lunch time, it was very crowded.
I want to visit there definitely again! I just wish I were local and could eat there frequently.

• Visited May 2011