If you have to stay in Marseilles, - and I personally plan to never return to that city, the only city I visitied in France to which I would never return - then stay here.
This is a beatiful hotel with gorgeous rooms, and friendly service. The hotel is an oasis in a dirty, grimy, and somewhat hostile to foreign tourists city.
Sleep quality, cleanliness were top notch. Breakfast in the restaurant upstairs was good.
Just stay away from their formal dining (Les Trois Forts) restaurant - terrible, overpriced food. (I wrote a separate review on that nightmare experience)
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Marseille Vieux-Port Hotel Marseille
- Sofitel Marseille Vieux-Port Hotel
- Sofitel Marseille Vieux Port
- Sofitel Marseille
- Marseille Sofitel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located at the heart of France's oldest port city, this hotel is a stopover between the Riviera, the Camargue and Lubéron,and a short boat ride away from the Château d'If on its famous island setting and the Calanques. Near La Canebière, the hotel offers an exceptional view over the Vieux-Port. In the evenings, relax in the cozy atmosphere of the L'Odyssée piano bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Olotels, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, ACCOR, Splendia, Venere, Otel, HotelsClick and Tingo so you can book your Sofitel Marseille Vieux-Port reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.