Decided to stay at this hotel because of good reviews and a view everybody was talking about. After my 2 nights stay in Marseille I would say that Sofitel is a right place to stay. Not forget the view – it was really to die for.
The hotel is located above Old Port providing magnificent views over that port. However one may need a taxi to get there from Marseille Train Station (Gare Saint Charles). The check in was fast and pleasant: the reception girl even showed us the way to the room to check if everything is okay. The room was modern decorated with large panno on the wall and window between shower and the rest of the room. That window allows seeing Vieux Port while taking a shower. For more privacy the window could be blinded by Venetian blind. Free Wi-Fi, not super fast, but reliable. For a faster connection a cable could be used (free) or special paid W-Fi service. What I like the most is a rain shower and the comfiest bed ever.
We made a reservation for a dinner at Sofitel’s restaurant Les Trois Forts. And dinner was above any expectation: wise wine list, luxurious service, attentive wait staff, and mouthwatering dishes with marvelous presentation. The chef mistakenly sent out medium well filet mignon instead of medium rare. Once I noticed that the new dish flew to me in a minute. And it was perfectly done. The breakfast the next morning was all about awe-inspiring views of gorgeous sunlit Marseille perspective and ultimate quality and cooking style of products. The scrambling eggs were just perfect. It was a Christmas time and there was a table aside with local Christmas specialties. Once you come to Sofitel try not to miss the breakfast!
The hotel features a spa with treatments, hammam, sauna and large Jacuzzi. During my visit this place was a bit crowded but still relaxing. Massage water pipe in the Jacuzzi was a good treat for my back. Sauna is large enough as well as hammam.
The lobby bar adjacent to reception was a smart place for an evening cocktail or quick midnight snack in French ambiance. The cocktails were quite creative both with ingredients and presentation. Live music performed by a nice couple gave unrivalled backdrop for a superb evening.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Marseille Vieux-Port Hotel
- Sofitel Marseille Vieux-Port Hotel Marseille
- Sofitel Marseille Vieux Port
- Sofitel Marseille
- Marseille Sofitel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located at the heart of France's oldest port city, this hotel is a stopover between the Riviera, the Camargue and Lubéron,and a short boat ride away from the Château d'If on its famous island setting and the Calanques. Near La Canebière, the hotel offers an exceptional view over the Vieux-Port. In the evenings, relax in the cozy atmosphere of the L'Odyssée piano bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Splendia, Travelocity, ACCOR, Tingo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Otel, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Priceline, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your Sofitel Marseille Vieux-Port reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.