Great world-class hotel, perfect location, stellar views of the Old Port (Vieux Port) at sunrise and sunset, and sympathetic and genuinely helpful concierges. The Sofitel also has a superb rooftop restaurant.
However, if you a non-smoker and get a room with a outside terrace, note that only the ROOM is non-smoking. After a couple of nights spoiled by other guests smoking on their adjoining terraces, I specifically asked if smoking is permitted there--it is.
I travel enough to understand that attitudes about smoking are different in different parts of the world but it would have been nice if this was disclosed ahead of time. Not sure how Sofitel can get away with calling the rooms "non-smoking" when smoke drifts into the room if you leave the door open even a crack.
I would definitely stay here again, but would not pay the big bucks for a terrace room again.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Marseille Vieux-Port Hotel Marseille
- Sofitel Marseille Vieux-Port Hotel
- Sofitel Marseille Vieux Port
- Sofitel Marseille
- Marseille Sofitel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located at the heart of France's oldest port city, this hotel is a stopover between the Riviera, the Camargue and Lubéron,and a short boat ride away from the Château d'If on its famous island setting and the Calanques. Near La Canebière, the hotel offers an exceptional view over the Vieux-Port. In the evenings, relax in the cozy atmosphere of the L'Odyssée piano bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, ACCOR, Priceline, Otel and Venere so you can book your Sofitel Marseille Vieux-Port reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.