“La Timone, Marseille” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   107 boulevard Sakakini, 13005 Marseille, France   |
Ranked #38 of 123 Hotels in Marseille

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Ibis is right by the hospital and right next to a metro station. It's €5 for a 24 hour pass to ride the metro so it's not too bad. The hostpital does have 24 hour ambulances so it can be quite loud if you are on that side of the hotel. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Their English is good and they will figure it our for you if they don't know right away.

• Stayed July 2013
Paris, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I was quite sick and the lady proposed to bring me the tea in the room even if they do not have room service.

Quite nice from her side.

The restaurant was ok as well, though I do not recommend to take meat for the diner.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Oxford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

This hotel shouldn't be at the top of your list. There is a distinct smell of sewerage as you come into the building and in the public spaces. The area surrounding the hotel is ghastly. There is a hospital across the road and because you're on the main road, there are constant ambulance sirens as the poor ambulance drivers battle through the traffic to get to their destination. Not very restful and not helpful to get tired children to sleep.

There is very little in the way of amenities near the hotel except one Casino supermarket and a McDonalds. There was a children's playground near the McDonalds. (2-8 years.)

We bought both our children with us and they were welcomed by the charming staff. They were kind and informative. They were happy to make them a meal early (off their bar menu) and as my family were "additions" to the booking my office had made, I was believe the supplement I was charged was very fair and reasonable.

The room was very small. Very small. No room for us to put up our travel cot for the littlest one. She ended up sleeping between us. Our other child was comfortable on the single bed. But there was no room for anyone to move around, no space to open the suitcase except on the bed.

The bed was very comfortable. Ibis made a big deal of telling us how they'd recently bought new beds and pillows - and they didn't disappoint. Comfortable indeed. Even with our baby in between us, when the ambulance sirens were quiet, my very tall husband and I slept well.

Breakfast is basic, but perfectly adequate and I was charged a lesser rate for my toddler and my baby was happily given a high chair.

The bathroom is also very basic. Although there was space for a bath, it was just one large shower - and the water pressure was a little pathetic. It was, however, clean.

It's a shame it is in such an awful location and has that horrid smell, because the staff deserved better. I wouldn't rush to stay here - look for one of the better located Ibis in Marseille. They're not that more expensive.

One last thing - don't email them! I had attempted to alert them of my family needing to come with me and what sort of baby equipment they could supply and they simply didn't respond. When I telephoned them in the end, they said they don't check it. Phone them up.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Ibis Marseille Timone? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Ibis Marseille Timone

Address: 107 boulevard Sakakini, 13005 Marseille, France
Location: France > Provence > Bouches-du-Rhone > Marseille
Bar / Lounge Beach Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Wheelchair access
#4 On the Beach Hotel in Marseille
#9 Best Value Hotel in Marseille
#26 Business Hotel in Marseille
Hotel Class:3 star — Ibis Marseille Timone 3*
10 minutes from the Dôme, Chanot park and the Cycling Stadium, the Ibis Timone hotel is ideally located near an exit of the A50 motorway. The centre of Marseille is accessible by metro, just 50 m away. The hotel has a restaurant, 3 meeting rooms for your seminars, Wifi connection, a terrace and a bar open 24/24. 89 air-conditioned rooms are available for booking . The hotel has private covered parking. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Booking.com, ACCOR and Tingo so you can book your Ibis Marseille Timone reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Accor Marseille Timone

If you own or manage Ibis Marseille Timone, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.