“Nice place but lacks little details” 4 of 5 stars

New Hotel Bompard
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2, rue des Flots Bleus, 13007 Marseille, France   |
Ranked #46 of 124 Hotels in Marseille
London, United Kingdom
“Nice place but lacks little details”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

Nice hotel small with a lovely pool on a road with patisseries and supermarkets. Walkable to the port
lacked finishing touches like wifi that worked in the rooms, info booklet in the rooms etc
also were not told about city tax until we were checking out!

• Stayed July 2011
, Director at New Hotel Bompard, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
Thank you for your comment. We are sorry that the Wifi didn't work in your room. We will do our best to improve our service according to your comments. Hope to see you soon in the Newhotel Bompard, Best regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Marseille
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

I really enjoyed this hotel and would highly recommend to others.
The staff wew friendly and tried to speak english to us whenever possible. The bellboy and other staff were helpful in tips on places to see around Marseille and local countryside.
We stayed in a garden view superior room which was substantial size, nespresso machine, bar fridge, LCD tv, great shower!! and lovely bathroom. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay, walk into Marseilla was close and walk/drive to the local beaches also close.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

, Director at New Hotel Bompard, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
Thank you for your comment. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your nice comment.. We will be pleased to welcome you again for your next stay. Hope to see you soon in the Newhotel Bompard, Best regards.
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

This hotel does not look much from the outside, and the surrounding don't look that great but behind the fence is a great hotel! We loved it, even though it was not that central. Fortunately we had a car to get around.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Daniel_Fontana, Director at New Hotel Bompard, responded to this review, June 7, 2012
We thank you for your comment and are very glad you had a pleasant stay. We will be pleased to welcome you again during your next stay in Marseille. Best regards.
birmingham england
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

this hotel offers a green oasis outside of the centre of marseille. It is located high overlooking the corniche and is well linked to the city by buses and steps down to the coast. The rooms with balconies overlook grass, trees and a swimming pool. There are rooms available in a small house which are smaller and stuffier as well as small family suites in small bungalows in the grounds. We enjoy taking our selection from the excellent buffet breakfast outside when the weather permits. At night returning from the centre the hotel offers the perfect spot for winding down with a quiet nightcap. This is part of a hotel chain that is used by a mix of business events as well as tourists the service is adequate it's the location and garden that makes it so special.

Room Tip: top floor of the main building looking down onto the trees and central garden.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Boston, Ma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

I stayed in the hotel for over a week - have a good view of its strengths and weaknesses.
Let me start with its strengths. The room was clean, the bed comfortable, the elevator worked. Breakfast was OK, dinner was good but the alternatives were few. It was quite, no street noises. The price was right.
Some of the issues. The hotel is located next to nothing, and I mean nothing -- expect to take a bus (not convenient) or a cab (minimum of about 10 euros each way) to go anywhere. The staff support is thin at best. If you sit in the lounge and expect someone to serve you you can weight forever. When asking for help, the information is not always top notch. I asked where I could find a little store nearby to purchase soda, etc. I was told go out take a left and then a right and you will find such a store on the top of the hill -- there was no store. I asked directions to a nearby pizza/italian sitdown restaurant. I was told to go out, take a right, followed by a left and walk down the hill a little bit. We did it and instead of a restaurant we found a takeout pizza place. The day before I left I went to the desk to setle up the account for the group I brought to the hotel. I spent several hours going over things. First I could not get a list by person of ther nights -- eventually I did get it. Then one person was charged for two nights prior to her coming -- she had reserved the rooms for those nights but she maintained they had been cancelled. The desk staff person (the only one in attendance at the hotel) said no, that was not the case. I asked to speak with the manager, but there was no manager on site -- that person would come in the next day after I left. There was no way I could speak with the person. When I came back later I was told that my request to not pay for those two days had been denied -- no recourse to speaking with a human being. So I paid for the group bill and my personal bill. But then when I came to check out the next morning (at 4 am) I was told that I had not paid for two meals and then we went round and round about this as well - a real bother as the cab sat outside with the meter running.
Oh my God -- while their heart might be in the right place, their performance leaves much to be desired.

Room Tip: Expect a good price in an inconvenient location -- remember Marseilles is hilly and you are high up...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Ramsgate, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2011

Quiet location, away from it all - don't book it if you need to be central. Rooms are nicely done, beds fantastic, garden view / balcony rooms the best. Breakfast is mediocre for the price though. Service and evening meals are functional. Worth paying the premium for the peace and comfort but the hotel could be a lot more 'rounded' with minimal effort. I arrived too early for check in and waited three hours but still had no bath robe and the coffee machine had not been renewed

• Stayed November 2011
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011

For me was verry difficult to find a nice 3* hotel at Marseille, at the time I would be in town, so we decided to stay at the Bompard. It was a pleasant surprise, the external area is adorable, feels like a "Villa", good restaurant, good team.
Room was confortable, and big, good bathroom (renovanetd), but realy has a ugly painting at the rooms (not a problem).
Not close to the port or the city, will need a car.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to New Hotel Bompard? Share your experiences!