Fantastically convenient location right on the Vieux Port, we had a Club Room (booked online) with a great view. But... the receptionist was possibly the most unwelcoming man I have ever met in my life! I speak good french, but he was deliberately incomprehensible and so unfriendly we burst out laughing! I asked him where we could park our car, he just about managed to tell me, with a supreme effort on his part. We asked to book dinner in the restaurant - he told us it was full. So we went out and found a nice restaurant along the Vieux Port; we returned to find just two tables taken! What a terrible pity. It's an interesting building, they've tried to make it Le Corbusier-ish, while making it a 4-star hotel - and with some success. A nice room, lovely view from the balcony, a very good breakfast, and you will be relieved to hear that the girl at reception the following morning was charm itself. But not the sort of service one would expect from a top hotel in a very cosmopolitan city. I would not recommend a stay here, not good enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel "La Residence du Vieux Port Marseilles" is on the south bank of the famous Old Port, and offers stunning views of the waterfront whatever the time of year.At the rear you can see the breathtaking Notre-Dame de la Garde cathedral, perched on the top of the hill overlooking the city.Every room in our hotel has been newly renovated with a chic 50s retro feel, blending style and comfort. Most of our rooms have a balcony overlooking the Old Port and the Basilica.... Big flat tv, International channels, mini-bar, spacious bathroom, with L'Occitane en Provence products.And if you are looking for delicious food with high quality service, you need only to step into our adjoining restaurant Le Relais 50.It is the perfect hotel for your stay in Marseille: Ideally, a very good standard and a high quality service that have won our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Residence du Vieux Port reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Du Vieux Port Hotel Marseille
- Residence Du Vieux Port Marseille