We stayed here for two nights, enjoyed it but in comparing with my overall trip in France (some hotels of which were more expensive than this hotel by a fair bit) I felt it was overpriced. At 295 euro for a street facing room, and you had to get a Superior room to fit three people, at 395 euro - AND pay extra 50 euro a night!. Reasons I feel it's overpriced: 1, no view, 2, rooms were ordinary, as were the amenities, 3, you were not even allowed to use the in-door pool! At that price! (this was not a big deal, but I sure was unhappy with the staff attitude in not even allowing a quick tour inside even though nobody was inside at the time. Instead we were offered to 'look at the pictures on the website' instead, 4, service professional, but not warm (except for the staff at the restaurant). BUT, the view is phenomenal at the terrace, and restaurant good- but you can always stop by for lunch or dinner (pricey side), or get one night, spend time on the terrace. Overall, not unhappy with the stay but overpriced. Consider Chateau de Alpilles in St Remy de Provence instead, or as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the heart of the perched village of Gordes, one of the Most Beautiful Villages in France, La Bastide de Gordes offers all the splendour of a former stately home. Carved into the very rock face and built on 12th century ramparts, it combines charm, elegance, comfort and luxury. Integrated into Gordes’ fortifications, the chateau offers intimate, welcoming and restful interiors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Fastbooking and Tingo so you can book your La Bastide de Gordes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Bastide De Gordes Hotel Gordes
- La Bastide De Hotel Gordes
- Gordes La Bastide De