“Great views over the bay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel La FLore

You added Hotel La FLore to your Saves list
Hotel La FLore
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5 boulevard Princesse Grace de Monaco, 06230 Villefranche-sur-Mer, France   |
Watlington, United Kingdom
“Great views over the bay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

The hotel is on a main road but the rooms at the back are reasonably quiet and we had a great view over the bay, from the balcony. The room was basic and a bit old-fashioned but the view made the relatively high price worthwhile.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
St Helens, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

Myself and 2 friends stayed at this Hotel for 4 nights at the end of April. We got bus 98 from airport into Nice, then bus 100 to Villefranche. We stayed in room 43, with a balcony, and a spectacular view over the harbour. The room was clean and tidy, but rather basic, with a fridge and safe, but NO tea and coffee making equipment. Beds were comfortable,and clean, and we got fresh towels every day for the compact, but adequate bathroom. Staff were helpful and friendly, willing to give advice on how to get to places, even printing pages from the internet for us. Hotel is on a bus route, which we used to go to Monaco/Monte Carlo and the village of Eze bus 83 from Eze Gare. The train station is quite a good walk away, and up a very steep hill when coming back to the hotel.

The thing that concerned us was the fact that the room was on 2 levels, with a double bed downstairs, and a single and double upstairs. This was accessed by an open staircase, which was a bit rickety, and unsuitable for children. Also the upstairs room had a very sloping ceiling, which made it difficult to stand up, we are not very tall, but even so could not stand up straight.

The breakfast was 12 euros per day each, and was very good, but beware, as on leaving we had to pay a tax of 0.8.euros each per day. This may be standard in France.

I would return there, as overall it was a beautiful place, and the view was lovely [even though it rained].

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Nice, France
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

I booked a room for the night at this small hotel close to the a well known language school that I was going to attend for one month. While I live in Southeast France, I was flying back to France from the UK the night before the course began. Rather than make the trip all the way home to Menton and have to make the one hour trip back early the next morning I chose to go from the Nice airport straight to VilleFranche and spend the night at Hotel La Flore. It isn't fancy but it appeared clean and OK for one night. It was late when I got ready to go to bed. Imagine my surprise when I pulled back the blanket and top sheet to find a very large area in the center of the bottom sheet covered with bug waste and casings. I dressed and went down to the desk and was told that "it was impossible". I insisted that the clerk come up and see. If I had been traveling with my car i would have left immediately but I wasn't and by now neither trains or busses were running. I demanded another room. The clerk did come up and check and told me that what I was seeing not from bugs but rather sand. I told him that it was not sand and that it was bugs however if it had been sand it should not be between the bedsheets. He gave me another room down the hall. I was fearful that it would be there same however the bed was clean. The next morning the day clerk insisted that what I saw was not bigs but sand. Needless to say I will not be recommending this hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Villefranche-sur-Mer hotels

Moscow, Russia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

We picked this hotel due to the fact it had guest parking and this also resulted in a good location with amazing views over the hotel. The hotel itself is a bit worn out and in a dire need of reconstruction, however the rooms were comfortable and the service was really great, especially the breakfast was hosted by a very lovely and welcoming lady. The hotel has a pool which was a plus and the bottom floor had a lovely terrace where we spent our evenings. The seaside is a bit further down the road, about 15 minute walk, but we took it as an opportunity for lovely walks in Villefranche-Sur-Mer. The town itself is a great pick if you want to spend your holiday on the Azure Coat, and this hotel is a good moderate choice.

Room Tip: ask for rooms on the ground floor if you wish to have a large terrace
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Cork, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

Very good hotel with great views. The room was quite spacious with plenty of wardrobe space. It was just a short walk to the centre of town and also the port. Free parking was a great bonus. You can get the bus to Monaco or Nice on the road almost outside the hotel. The one negative was that having stayed in about 10 hotels during a road trip in November, this was the only hotel that charged for WiFi. They had a computer in the bar with free Internet access but it was a bit awkward to use as it was on a very low table.

Room Tip: Definitely worth paying for a view
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2011

We really enjoyed our stay here. The terrace off the room offered a beautiful view of the bay. The room was large and had a loft which easily accommodated our family(2 adults and 2 older children.). The bathroom was a little small and the front desk wasn't that friendly. Although that might have been a language gap.). All in all we'd definitely return.

• Stayed November 2011
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

I spent the last week of October at Hotel La Flore after finishing a French immersion class at the Intitut de Francais in beautiful Villefranche sur mer. I visited several hotels in the area to find the hotel that was the nicest for a week stay. The rooms were tastefully decorated and cozy with big balconies and a great view of Villefranche sur mer which is one of the most beautiful and friendly places I have ever visited. The staff at the hotel were very nice and helped me plan day trips to include maps, transportation information and brochures. They were also very patient with my French which I wanted to practice but would switch to English at my request. The breakfast was very French, delicious with a good variety and beautiful views of the town and coastline. I will always remember my stay there with a smile and look forward to returning someday.

• Stayed October 2011

Been to Hotel La FLore? Share your experiences!