Our "Spring Break" in Villefranche-sur-Mer was delightful -- and not because it wasn't really spring!! My husband and I had hoped for sun -- but not this time! HOWEVER, we loved the "Hotel Welcome" and highly recommend it to anyone wanting to visit southern France. This hotel had the best view -- right onto the water (unlike anything I saw in Nice). It was quiet -- we slept with our window open every night. The staff was truly excellent -- professional always, but warm and friendly -- they went out of their way to make us feel comfortable. Our room was perfect -- a nice size -- not huge, but roomy, with lots of storage space for clothes -- shelves, as well as closet space, and drawers in the night stands. The queen-sized bed was very clean and comfortable, with a lovely duvet -- high quality. The bathroom was also roomy, with a great shower (in a tub, but shielded with a "half" shower door) -- never a problem with hot water. They even provided L'Occitane Lemon Verbena shower gel & shampoo in dispensers on the shower wall, and (presumably the same brand) lemon hand soap bar -- they all smelled so good! The sink was large, also, which was nice. They had a great hair dryer as well. The balcony off of our room was nice, too, even though we didn't get to use it very much due to the rain (boo!) -- but we'll be back to try it again -- this time later in the spring!
The location of the hotel was truly ideal -- steps away from about 10 different restaurants and all the shopping, as well as being right across from the water and about 1/4 mile from the beach (which we'll use next time....).
A special note is the housekeeping help we had -- I wish we knew her name! She was wonderful. She took such good care of us, going always above and beyond what we could possibly have expected.
This was a great hotel -- we highly recommend it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel by the sea, within walking distance from the beaches, in the heart of Villefranche-sur-Mer old town activities. Next to the Jean Cocteau Chapel 'Chapelle saint Pierre', Charmin hotel in a warm and family atmophere. All 35 rooms have air conditionning, sea view and a private balcony. Free access to the sauna for our customers (private sessions). The Wine Pier,, the hotel wine bar is open year-round everyday. Breakfast is served on the veranda with a full warm & cold buffet or continental breakfast available in the room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, T4B, Despegar.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Welcome reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Welcome Hotel Villefranche Sur Mer
- Welcome Villefranche Sur Mer