We are staying close to Vence in a villa, but last night on my wife's special birthday we had a meal at the restaurant Saint-Martin. Initially we missed the turn into the guests underground car park and ended up in the staff car park. The car park itself was amazing. Firstly we had drinks on a terrace with the most amazing view. The service was discrete and non intimidating (you know what it can be like in France) for such a up market place. My wife had initial doubts about eating in the gourmet restaurant (it appeared expensive) so the staff said no problem. However the restaurant was so spectacular that I managed to change her mind. The head of the restaurant, I think his name was Mr Pierre Bressan, was absolutely charming and courteous. He had that personae that immediately made you warm to him. In short, the food was amazing; the service discrete and the view from our special table was spectacular. At the end of the evening Mr Bressan presented us with a complementary glass of champagne and a present for my wife of home made chocolates. One of the best experiences of my rather long life. Expensive? For what we had, namely the very best experience ever, worth every euro!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Château Saint-Martin & Spa, located between Nice and Cannes, overlooks majestically the typical village of Vence and the shores of the French Riviera. Set in 32 acres of private park on the ruins of an ancient knight’s templar, this Relais & Châteaux of excellence offers 46 suites including 6 private villas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Escapio, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Chateau Saint-Martin & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau Saint-Martin And Spa
- Chateau Saint-Martin Hotel Vence