“Did nor stay there, but will!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Chateau Saint-Martin & Spa

You added Chateau Saint-Martin & Spa to your Saves list
Chateau Saint-Martin & Spa
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2490 Avenue des Templiers | BP 102, 06142 Vence, France   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Vence
GreenLeadersSilver level
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“Did nor stay there, but will!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We are staying close to Vence in a villa, but last night on my wife's special birthday we had a meal at the restaurant Saint-Martin. Initially we missed the turn into the guests underground car park and ended up in the staff car park. The car park itself was amazing. Firstly we had drinks on a terrace with the most amazing view. The service was discrete and non intimidating (you know what it can be like in France) for such a up market place. My wife had initial doubts about eating in the gourmet restaurant (it appeared expensive) so the staff said no problem. However the restaurant was so spectacular that I managed to change her mind. The head of the restaurant, I think his name was Mr Pierre Bressan, was absolutely charming and courteous. He had that personae that immediately made you warm to him. In short, the food was amazing; the service discrete and the view from our special table was spectacular. At the end of the evening Mr Bressan presented us with a complementary glass of champagne and a present for my wife of home made chocolates. One of the best experiences of my rather long life. Expensive? For what we had, namely the very best experience ever, worth every euro!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Frederic_Picard, Directeur général at Chateau Saint-Martin & Spa, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

It is with a particular attention I read your great comments on Trip Advisor. Thank you for taking the time to share them with us on Trip Advisor.

Indeed, I am delighted to read that you and your wife spent an unforgettable moment.

I would like to thank you for all your great comments about the hotel, food and the staff.

Pierre Bressan is honored by your appreciations which are precious encouragements for him. He personally thank you.

As you found our view amazing, I hope to have the pleasure to welcome again in a not too distant future.

With my best regards.

Frederic PICARD.
General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

We checked in at Chateau Saint-Martin one night July 2013- It was a wonderful hotell.
The surroundings were fabulous. The hotel very quiet and relaxing with a nice pool area and lunch restaurant in the garden.
The view of the Nice city was a pleasure. We also had dinner at the terrace and the food was excellent. Overall the service was excellent
We also visited the spa and had very pleasant treatments. Both me and my partner hope to return to this very nice hotel soon again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Frederic_Picard, Directeur général at Chateau Saint-Martin & Spa, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear guest,

It's with a great pleasure that I have discovered your lovely comments about Château Saint-Martin & Spa.

I am very delighted that you mentioned the spa, the food of our restaurant with the sublime view over the Mediterranean, and the service of our hotel.

Your appreciations will be shared with our teams which try, each day, to do the best for your well-being and leave you a memorable stay.

Hoping to welcome you very soon.

Truly sincerely.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Perfectly located high in the hills with breathtaking views lies an outstanding hotel. Set up away from the summer madness of the coast, Chateau St. Martin is a wonderful place to go to rest and relax, on your own, as a couple or with family. I have been coming for many years here and have done all three. The hotel is an intimate small hotel and yet runs as smoothly as the very best Grand hotel. The location is perfect. You can relax by the pool, hike or bike in the hills or explore the area. The pool area is great; relaxed for families but is not out of control so adults can relax in a calm atmosphere by the pool or in the surrounding garden. Exquisite food. I am a fan of the gastronomic restaurant and think this is now worthy of three stars. Lovely staff. Helpful without being obtrusive. Spa is a great addition; has interesting Indian treatments in addition to the usual ones you see everywhere. I am a fussy reviewer and stay in many places but would give Chateau St. Martin six stars. It is that good and gets better the more one stays there.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Frederic_Picard, Directeur général at Chateau Saint-Martin & Spa, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

It was a great pleasure to have you among us at Château Saint-Martin & Spa. I would like to thank you for sharing your comments about your lovely stay in Trip Advisor.

It was an honor for us to read that you were considering our restaurant like a three stars and our hotel like a six stars.

One more time, thank you for having taken the time to write these great comments.

I am already delighted to have the opportunity to welcome you back at Château Saint-Martin & Spa.

Warmest regards.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

The Chateau St. Martin and Spa offers an idyllic spot at which to enjoy the French Riviera without the noise, hustle and traffic on the coast. Nestled up against the hills with a spectacular view all the way down to the Mediterranean, the Chateau offers luxury rooms, a beautiful setting and the very best service we've found anywhere in the world. Truly one of a kind. We have been staying there for many years, and it just keeps getting better.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for being with us, one more time, at Château Saint-Martin & Spa.

I am very pleased to read that our service is considered as the best ever.

Our team will be pleased to read your comments that I will share with them.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back here at Château Saint-Martin & Spa.

Truly yours.
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We have stayed in this area of France for many years but this was our first visit to Chateau St Martin - but definitely not our last. Lots already said on here but for us the plus points were; the fabulous location and within 2 miles of Vence with lots of restaurants, the elegance and style of the hotel, our room with balcony and great views, the great pool and surrounding area, the lunchtime restaurant in the olive tree garden and last but not least the staff and service levels which were extremely good. Good mix of guests - plenty of Louis Viuitton beach bags but people friendly and not pretentious! We went in July and quite a few families with children but generally pretty well behaved! Good wifi coverage in the hotel but not in the gardens or pool. Hotel has a lot of regular guests which indicates they've probably been getting it right for some while. We've already booked up again to go in September!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

What a pleasure to read that you have enjoyed your stay at Château Saint-Martin & Spa. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

I am also really delighted to read that you will come back in our hotel in September.

Your appreciations about our style and level of service are precious to us.

Looking forward to welcoming in our hotel in September !

Best regards.
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

This is our third stay at Chateau Saint Martin, and I have to say this is the best ever, staff is very friendly, quality of service was excellente. I would highly recommanded to all travellers to stay in this hotel. Well done to all the team.

Stayed July 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your loyalty and for sharing with us your enthusiasm on Trip Advisor.

It is an honor to read that you consider Château Saint-Martin & Spa like "the best ever".

Your compliments about our team and service are a great source of motivation for us. I will congratulate all of them on your behalf.

Thank you again for continuing to come and stay with us.

Yours faithfully.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

My third visit to the Chateau and by far the best. Impeccable service from charming staff, all of him speak great English, in a beautiful setting above Vence. The perfect place to relax and do nothing, in an idyllic situation. The garden is stunning, great pool and even when the hotel is full, nothing ever feels crowded. There's room for everyone. Exceptional food and wine list, it has everything for everyone. Highly recommended. Not cheap but worth every penny. Informal, so no dressing up if you don't want to, and all meals taken in the open air.

Room Tip: Every room I've seen has a good view.