Several times per year, I am spending a few days in the Sophia Antipolis area. Mainly, In this area, the Mercure Sophia Antipolis (rue Albert Caquot) is my preferred choice.
The staff is extremely friendly and the hotel is located in a quiet area. Rooms are clean and cosy, but not extremely new. Some renovation is probably required in the near future.
It is very nice to have an outdoor pool and nice facilities to spend a quiet evening outside, at least during the summer time.
Also, there is the possibility to take the breakfast and dinner outside as well as inside. The restaurant is one of the best hotel-restaurants in this specific area. Of course, it is always nicer to drive to a nice ancient city like biot but if you prefer to stay in the hotel, the restaurant is really offering good quality. Also, the win card is very good at reasonable prices. You can get top Bordeaux wines for around 36 Euros a bottle, this is more than reasonable.
A special friend of mine is the cat of the house :) The cat walks from table to table during dinner and breakfast and asks everyone for a bite. It is always fun watching its behaviour.
The hotel is easy to reach by car or taxi or by bus (bus number 230 leaving in Nice and at the Nice Airport).
If you are looking for a hotel close to ETSI Headquarters, this is definitely my preferred choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A wonderful Oasis half way between Nice & Cannes Located in a lovely garden in the heart of a pine forest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Mercure Antibes Sophia Antipolis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Sophia Antipolis Hotel Valbonne
- Mercure Hotel Sophia Antipolis