“The best Hotel close to ETSI Headquarters” 4 of 5 stars

Mercure Antibes Sophia Antipolis
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Rue Albert Caquot, 06560 Valbonne, France   |
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Valbonne
Unterhaching
“The best Hotel close to ETSI Headquarters”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Several times per year, I am spending a few days in the Sophia Antipolis area. Mainly, In this area, the Mercure Sophia Antipolis (rue Albert Caquot) is my preferred choice.

The staff is extremely friendly and the hotel is located in a quiet area. Rooms are clean and cosy, but not extremely new. Some renovation is probably required in the near future.

It is very nice to have an outdoor pool and nice facilities to spend a quiet evening outside, at least during the summer time.

Also, there is the possibility to take the breakfast and dinner outside as well as inside. The restaurant is one of the best hotel-restaurants in this specific area. Of course, it is always nicer to drive to a nice ancient city like biot but if you prefer to stay in the hotel, the restaurant is really offering good quality. Also, the win card is very good at reasonable prices. You can get top Bordeaux wines for around 36 Euros a bottle, this is more than reasonable.

A special friend of mine is the cat of the house :) The cat walks from table to table during dinner and breakfast and asks everyone for a bite. It is always fun watching its behaviour.

The hotel is easy to reach by car or taxi or by bus (bus number 230 leaving in Nice and at the Nice Airport).

If you are looking for a hotel close to ETSI Headquarters, this is definitely my preferred choice.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
antipolis, Directeur général at Mercure Antibes Sophia Antipolis, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you very much for your advice about your last stay in our hotel. I really appreciate your feedback and all details given. I hope the cat do not disturb you too much during your diner. I hope to see you soon (and yours colleagues) for your next meeting in ETSI HQ.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Manisa, Turkey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

ı was there for a business trip and I stayed for 5 days. When I went back to hotel from busy meeting schedule ı had chance to relax, enjoy at the garden. ın the mornings ı swam and the swimming pool made feel as if I was swimming in a lake in the forest! So, if I should go to Sophia Antipolis again, I will chose this hotel again without hesitation.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
antipolis, Directeur général at Mercure Antibes Sophia Antipolis, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
First of all, thank you very much for your feedback. I really appreciate your comments about our nice garden and swimming pool, my team and I are very grateful. Looking forward to welcoming you shortly.
Sophia Antipolis, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I have been staying at Sophia Antipolis for months, so I have a good idea of what to expect in the area in terms of value for money and service. This was my first time at Mercure Sophia Antipolis. The hotel reception area is great and the arrangements in the room were modern and to my taste. Unfortunately, soon after checking in I discovered that the room had ants and they were going up and behind the bed headboard. I informed the reception immediately and they were very responsive and promised me that they would "kill all the ants" although I did not get the impression that they were surprised by their presence. I was not offered another room. We left the room to head to the Cannes Film Festival and when we return the window was open, the room had a strong smell of the anti-ants spray. Not great, but I can live with that. Unfortunately, the ants were still there and in the morning when I checked out I was asked how my stay was. I told them that the ants were still in the room, the lady at the reception smiled politely and said nothing. So, I got the impression that that was no big deal for them. It's a shame because I liked the hotel and the room, but I would not recommend it to others.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

antipolis, Directeur général at Mercure Antibes Sophia Antipolis, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Again I am sorry for this trouble during your last stay. As I told you during your checking out, we should move you to another room. Please accept my apologies and as you are a regular guest in our hotel I hope to welcome you again soon.
Warsaw, Poland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Mercure Sophia Antipolis is my fav hotel in the Valbone location. Hotel is small, but very nice. Unfortunately there is no vending machine only small fridge in the reception. Rooms are spacious and clean. The only cons is the neighbourhood, as after work - the area is empty and to closest civilization is a bit to far - especially with no car

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your advice about your last stay in our hotel. Concerning our diner offer, we have more than the fridge a nice restaurant and room service with a large selection of food. Hope to welcome you again.
Berkshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

The Hotel Reception area is very welcoming, and there is even a Pool table at one end. The bar is good, and the staff are friendly everywhere. Not once did we have a bad experience from a staff point of view.

My only downside, which to be fair is quite important to me, is the room. The beds a re nice, a bit firm, but the rest of the decor is a little dated. Very spacious though. Generally, when I go to a hotel I like to be able to plug my tablet into the TV to watch something of my choosing - but although they had a flat screen TV, it showed three channels and for some reason the ports on the back did not work - minor point to some I know, but a nice to have.

The noises from above and the corridor could be quite loud from time to time, and I was even woken up as a consequence so maybe having a higher floor, or a room at the end of the corridor would be better.

Finally, the bathroom. What can I say- molded plastic sink areas and in dire need of refreshing. Plus, if you like baths, they had them.

Room Tip: The rooms get very cold, so switch of AC when you arrive. Very efficient so if you switch it back on...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
First of all, thank you for having stayed with us and for sharing your experience. It is a pleasure to see that you have enjoyed your time here. Regarding the TV, we are planning to replace them, this will be in place soon. I hope I have the pleasure to meeting in the near future.
Manchester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Stayed at the Mercure on business in January 2013.

Hotel was comfortable, clean, nicely kept and staff were friendly and welcoming.

Rooms were comfortable, bathrooms were nice (if a little dated), fridge in the room and a decent amount of storage.

Wifi worked well. Restaurant was nice (though a little on the expensive side).

Worth noting if you get a little bored and fancy a walk there is a nice river across the main road you can walk along.

I would stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your comment about your stay here. I really appreciate your feedback about our the friendliness of our staff, cleanliness of our hotel and our room. Hope to welcoming you again.
Naperville, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The service here was very good. The area was hit by snow/ice and the staff arranged an unplanned lunch at the last minute since we couldn't get out until later in the day. Very nice. The rooms were well laid out and clean. Great place to stay to be close to business in the technology park.

Only downside is they have no fitness center and the roads are dangerous for a walk/run.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
I am very grateful for your last advice, it will encourage us to maintain our efforts so that the services we provide for you fully meet your expectations.
I understand your remarks about the fitness room, next time we will show you the nice route allong the river for your jogging.

Been to Mercure Antibes Sophia Antipolis? Share your experiences!