“This small restaurant offers everything we look for: great food, marvellous ambience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Restaurant Le Cadran Solaire

Good for: Romance
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Belfast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

When you discover a restaurant such as this where they get all the essential components right, it's hard to imagine how others go so wrong. The food is excellent, the service and ambience are equally good. We are looking forward to our next visit to Valbonne and to this great little restaurant

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Valérie M, Propriétaire at Restaurant Le Cadran Solaire, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Madam, Sir,
thank you very much for your compliments.
I will be very happy to welcome you again in my restaurant.
my best regards
Valérie

Taunton, United Kingdom
“Undiscovered Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Wandered through Valbonne with my wife and decided to give this restaurant a try. Great decision. The food was excellent, with generous portions, and by no means overpriced. What made this restaurant stand out for us, however, was the delightful atmosphere created by the truly charming front-of-house lady. We were made to feel really welcome as special guests. I did not find out her name, but shall do so when I next return, which I certainly shall later in the year on my return to the area.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Valérie M, Propriétaire at Restaurant Le Cadran Solaire, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Madam, Sir,
thank you very much for your compliments . it talks to my heart.
I will be very happy to welcome you again into my restaurant
My best regards
Valérie. yes , this is my name :)
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

This was our first trip to Valbonne and the Cadran Solaire was our favourite restaurant. Food excellent,
service second to none.A real gem!

• Visited August 2012
Valbonne, France
“Let all stress fall away!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

The Cadran Solaire is part of the South of France's staple diet! It has been a wonderfully welcoming, thoroughly reliable haven for us for the last 16 years. Guy (the proprietor), Veronique and Tracey have kept lots of favourites on the menu whilst introducing new recipes year on year and keeping their prices totally reasonable. In the winter, it is wonderfully cosy inside and, in the Summer, everyone sits outside just a few paces away from the main square of Valbonne. This is our favourite restaurant in this gorgeous of all Alpes Maritimes villages and we have certainly tried a few! Enjoy.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Surrey
“Excellent no-nonsense good value food, lovely people.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

We have been eating here regularly for 16 years and it never fails. Simple straight forward food, well done is the order of the day. Have the duck with honey starter would be a top tip, but everything will be good. It is down a side street, past the toy shop, but worth walking 50 yards away from the main square.
Go, go now.