“Fantastic” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Le Colombier

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Saint-Tropez
Hotel Le Colombier
Impasse des Conquettes, 83990 Saint-Tropez, France   |
Ranked #19 of 75 hotels in Saint-Tropez
Sevenoaks
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Absolutely fantastic hotel. Travelled from Tunbridge Wells England to this beautiful location. Money well spent. The hotel itself is very clean & the staff are great! We will be returning and thankyou to all the staff who made our stay welcoming!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

43 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
tunbridge wells
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

I went to St tropes for a friends birthday. When I was there I found this fantastic small hotel in the centre of st tropes very comfortable and clean. Breakfast was held in the garden which was amazing. I would definitely recommend this place and I will be going back in the near future.

• Stayed September 2012
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I stayed at Le Colombier for two nights on August 6 and 7, 2012. The hotel is spotless and this comes from someone who spends approx 100 nights per year sleeping in hotels all over North America. Location is excellent, it is in a cul-de-sac, very quiet but at the same time close to everything and 5 min walk to the harbour. Has a good size patio with tables, chairs and umbrellas, very clean. Service was also excellent - I was running late on the 6th and the reception closes at 21:00 hours, they called me on my mobile around 20:20 to see what is going on. Calling a North American number is rather unusual to say the least. Upon arrival at close to 9 PM the gentlemen at the reception took time to give me recommendations on restaurants and bars and beaches and all I needed to know and wrote the names on the map he gave me. Reception opens at 7:30, I had a flight to catch from Nice on the 8th of August, Martine came down 15 minutes earlier to make sure I am on my way as soon as possible. She had also parked my car in a separate garage the day before just so it is easier and faster to get it out. All in all I had an excellent stay and would highly recommend this hotel. It had a 2 star rating when I was there, I have stayed at many hotels in France, in my view it should be 3 stars plus (sure enough, they told me they had obtained the 3rd star recently). The price was very reasonable for St Tropez and for peak season.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

My husband and I really enjoyed our stay at this comfortable hotel. It had been newly renovated and our room was very tastefully decorated. We had a 'grand lit' and an extra bed to the side so the room could easily have slept three people. The room was big and so was the bathroom. Both had nice big windows and there was air conditioning. We kept the windows open since we don't like air conditioning. The breakfast (9 Euro) was marvellous with cafe au lait, delicious croissants and tartine with jam. You could add boiled egg and freshly pressed orange juice for a surcharge. The hotel was quiet and yet in no time you could walk down to the port or to the Place des Lices. We came by car and got a parking place at the side of the road just outside the hotel. When we go back to St-Tropez, we'll definitely go back to this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Rome, Italy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2010

Don't even try and book a room here. While waiting on the phone the hostess was so rued, she sold the room to someone else in front of her, while talking to me and asking my creditcardnumber. This was after she had hang up on me twice. Very rued, very French, and the hotel itself, where I got a tour last time, is not much either. I wouldn't recommend it at all.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2009

This is a lovely little 2-star hidden away down a quiet cul-de-sac only a few minutes walk from the Place des Lices, the port, old town, shops and restaurants. it is modest but charming, scrupulously clean and amazing value for money in a town whose in-season prices have become astronomical. Be sure to ask for exactly what you want when booking: a couple of the 11 rooms are not ensuite and only 2 have air-con (the others have small table-top coolers which are OK but not the same). Not all rooms have parking and for those that do you need to be back by 9pm to be able to use it. The staff try to be as helpful as possible about parking and the Parking du Port is nearby but pricey in season. The hotel is run during the daytime by Martine who is wonderful and goes out of her way to help and advise on everything you need . All the staff are excellent. Take breakfast in the hotel courtyard; it is traditional, includes as much hot coffee and hot milk as you want and costs just Euros9 (if you think that is expensive you haven't had breakfast on the port-side. Book ahead of time - not surprisingly it quickly gets booked out. Great value.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
Perth Western Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2007

We arrived early morning by car into Saint Tropez and headed to the Tourist Bureau who gave us the names of a couple of places to stay that had vacancies. It was a busy time and there was an international yacht race on.

We had parked our car at the harbour car park (long term parking) and we walked though the main shopping area past the very upmarket markets (well worth a visit) to Le Colombier which is just off a main street and very central. The hotel has more a country beach house feel and the entry is through a lovely sunny courtyard garden into a nice reception lounge area.

We had a room with an ensuite on the first floor with a view to the side street. The room was not large but was comfortable & nicely decorated (country style) and had a little ensuite 80Euros for the night and an extra 8.5E each for a wonderful Petit Dejeuner (continental breakfast) served in a little pergola in the garden. Lovely.

There is only limited parking available for the hotel and these places go to the residents who have booked the larger more expensive rooms for more than a night. Our car was fine in the harbour carpark - and it was affordable.

The lady who runs the hotel is very hip and is very helpful. We would have loved to have stayed longer - the hotel is close to everything and has a nice casual cosy atmosphere. We would definately stay again.

• Liked — Location, nice atmosphere, nice affordable room with ensuite)
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Hotel Le Colombier? Share your experiences!