“What a fantastic place!!” 5 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1792 Route de la Corniche, 83700 Saint-Raphael, France   |
Ranked #1 of 44 Hotels in Saint-Raphael
Certificate of Excellence 2014
antwerpen
“What a fantastic place!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed for a whole week in the villa mauresque. What a superb place to spend a holiday.
Situated along the seaside, a marvellous garden, splendid rooms with terraces, very friendly staff and only 10 min. from Sait-Raphael by car. There are also some very good local restaurants in the vicinity.

Although relatively expensive, it is certainly worth it.

An absolute must for those who like the Côte d'Azur!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

Amazing hotel converted from a 1800's house in Moorish style. Unique rooms, sea views and beautiful gardens overlooking the sea. Fantastic staff - really helpful and welcoming. Great location. Peaceful and relaxed. We ate-in one evning and the food & service were fantastic. Beautiful breakfast overlooking the sea.

Room Tip: We had both the Kadinsky (smaller roome & bathroom but huge private deck) and the Matisse (small...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Marbella, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

My wife and I recently stayed at the Villa Mauresque, a stunning Moorish-style villa right on the Med, as we were attending a wedding in St Maxime near St Tropez, and it was worth the hassle finding this gem of a hotel, tucked away in a sleepy village called Boulouris!!

Our friends were suggesting 5* places in St Tropez and that area, but first of all we didn't want to break the bank (and the South of France is expensive), and second we didn't want to be sheep and go where everyone goes, so I did some research and I found the villa Mauresque. And what a find!!

Getting there was the hardest part, it's easier with a GPS, but my God! Once you arrive, it's simply breathtaking. It's the sort of place that you imagine when you think "luxurious Cote d'Azur villa"!! Our friends who stayed in ST Tropez came to visit us and they were jealous as we had the exact same luxury they did for half the price!

Let me start by saying when you arrive, you're greeted not only by very friendly and solicitous staff, but by a view of the sea so stunning you literally have to peel your eyes away to go and see your room. But what a room! We booked into this superior prestige room called the Baudelair I think and it was worth every penny!! 5 metre high ceilings, an amazing four poster bed, the lighting was just right and the view.. well, I could go on about the view all day, I must have taken 50 pictures of it...my wife is usually very picky but she had no complaints this time.

The thing about this place is that for a few short days, they make you feel like it's your own. The place is so relaxed and so chilled that you feel like you're wandering around in your own enormous sitting room, your own immaculately-manicured gardens, that the outdoor hot tub is yours, the infinity pool is just for you.. the few other guests that were there were like polite acquaitances just passing through.

The breakfast outisde by the pool was just delicious, but it was nothing like the dinner we arranged to have by the sea-front one night, superb value and normally I don't have dessert, but the food was just so good my stomach begged for more. Again, we weren't disappointed. The service was prompt and unobtrusive, so we had a really romantic evening looking at the lights towards St Tropez (another stunning view!), just imagining our friends who were paying almost double what we were...

All I can say is that the place was beautiful, the staff and service polite and prompt, the grounds were straight out of a movie, and the facilities, the pool, hot-tubs, sauna, massages, were all superb (and free), and all for a lot less than you pay for in that area for a 5* hotel.

We can't wait to go back, with the kids next time. I'd highly recommend this hotel - they have 2 villas, we stayed in the one right in front of the sea, which is the one I'd recommend. I almost feel bad about letting on this little secret, but it's such a delight, I needed to share it somewhere.

Room Tip: I'd go for the upstairs rooms with a sea view. Baudelair and Rimbaud I think they're called...
Warwick
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

I promise you that when you arrive at the hotel, you will ring the old fashioned metal bell on the small discrete door , the gates will swing open and your jaw will drop. The view is so breathtakingly beautiful, all the cares and worries you had will be left at that front gate. This is my second trip back to this hidden gem, my last visit being 5 years ago with my hubby, and I can honestly say I was not disappointed. If you want a luxury holiday on the cote d'azur, but want to be far from the hustle and bustle of some of the larger resorts, or the personal nature of the other big 5 stars in the region, then look no further. This hotel feels like you are the private guest of an Arabian prince in his beachfront villa. It is hard to describe the feelings of utter relaxation and escapism it evokes, but I walked out 4 days later feeling thoroughly rested ( I slept 12 hours in one go- haven't done that in years) tanned ( spent my time on sunlounger admiring the view) and pampered ( had a 90 min massage on the beach- paradise!) ready to face whatever the world choses to throw at me!

Room Tip: Stay in the ocean front villa- there is am awesome infinity pool and outdoor jacuzzi. had a gorgeous...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

We chose this property for our France vacation and were very disappointed. We spent a great deal of time researching and believed prior reviews.
The grounds showcased a ping pong table and outdoor trampoline.
The view and pools were lovely. The room was in the romantic class however there was no privacy. The door did not lock properly, and it was very cramped and uncomfortable. the bathroom was the worst- walk literally into the sink, door opens against an open shower with poor water pressure. We paid half the amount here and stayed in Eze the rest of our stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Villa-Mauresque, Propriétaire at La Villa Mauresque, responded to this review, June 6, 2012
Dear Customer

We regret that your experience with us has disappointed you. Our Romantic rooms, located in the Spa Hotel, are actually our smallest rooms (20m ²) and have walk-in Italian style showers (which are indeed open) with multi jet. We have never had in the past complaints concerning insufficient water pressure. Normally all the bedroom doors close properly, your door handle was indeed malfunctioning but we were able to replace it as soon as you notify us of the inconvenience.
We make every effort to insure our clients have the best experience possible; we sincerely regretted that we were not able to give you entire satisfaction.
Alton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

We loved our stay in this very beautiful yet relaxed hotel. The location is stunning - right next to the sea with fantastic views, beautiful gardens, 2 lovely pools and jacuzzis. The two villas are Moorish and extremely elegant. We had an incredibly romantic room with a sea view, a huge double bed and a very smart marble bathroom. We used the kayak in the boathouse and toured round the bay which was great fun. We also played lots of table tennis on the verandah. But mostly we just soaked up the amazing view from the sun loungers next to the infinity pool. The food was excellent - I'm still dreaming about the freshly squeezed fruit juice, fruit salad and huge plate of delicious patisseries for breakfast. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. We will definitely be going back.

Room Tip: The rooms with sea views in the front villa are particularly wonderful but you probably have to pay...
Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
rio de janeiro
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

The hotel is beautiful, very kind and friendly staff, beautiful room and cozy. Avoid the restaurant, very expensive for what it serves - only one menu at 68 euros per person without wine - while in the region you can eat at excellent bistros, some even recommended Michelin stars for 25/39 euros. The breakfast is poor and costs 19 euros in hotels in the area costs no more than 8.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Villa-Mauresque, Propriétaire at La Villa Mauresque, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
Dear client,

Thank you very much for your feedback and kind comments. We are also appreciative for
highlighting the areas where we can improve. Our breakfast has since been up graded, we have
added a variety extra treats such as local patisseries, exotic fruits … and we hope it will delight all
our guests. Our dinner menu is now remarkably lower.

We hope to see you again at the Villa Mauresque

Been to La Villa Mauresque? Share your experiences!