“A great meal but expensive” 4 of 5 stars

+33 4 93 76 31 00
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with
La Table du Royal is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean
Good for: Outdoor seating, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: At “La Table du Royal” gourmet restaurant, our Chef Bruno Le Bolch takes you on a journey of the senses that is a delight to the eye and the taste buds.Revisited by Michelin-star Chef Alain Parodi, La Table du Royal menu features French gastronomy with Mediterranean inspiration for an impeccable, inventive dining experience.To accompany your meal, Head Wine Steward Thierry Bastard will guide you in your discovery of the finest wines of the region and beyond.Enjoy our brunch every Sunday from 11:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. One price: 46 euros per person (except July-August).Free parking and car park service.
Hudson, Ohio
“A great meal but expensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

My husband and I had dinner here once during our stay at the Royal Riviera. We took a seat on the terrace, but unfortunately darkness fell soon after we sat down so we really didn't get to enjoy the view. After sunset, it got a little chilly on the terrace, but the staff had large heaters near the table to make sure we were comfortable. We ordered the sea bass for two which would take a while to prepare.We ordered the zucchini appetizer to eat while waiting for the dish. Before the appetizer arrived, we had a continuously full basket of bread plus a small relish tray with delicious olives to keep us busy. The appetizer was very good, but it was the sea bass that made the meal. One of the wait staff filleted the fish at the table, and did an excellent job of removing the bones. For desert, my husband ordered a Grand Marnier souffle, and I had a strawberry and cheese sorbet. Both deserts were wonderful. We had a bottle of white wine with dinner and two bottles of sparkling water. At the end of dinner, we both had coffee. The service was very attentive. Even though there was a large table being served near us, everything we needed was continuously provided. This was a very enjoyable meal in a wonderful setting. We were not sure, however, that the food and service justified the extremely high cost. Still, we had nothing to complain about.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Patricia K, Attachée de direction at La Table du Royal, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear Guests,
We thank you for your time in sharing your experience at la Table du Royal.
We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed every part of you dinner.
Your comments have been forwarded to our Team, who is very grateful for your kind words.
We thank you again for sharing your feedback and really look forward to welcoming you back.

93% Recommend
Chicago, Illinois
“Excellent restaurant needing just a little help”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I had mixed feelings about this restaurant. We ordered the 24 hour advance notice Salt Crusted Sea Bass for 2 the day prior and had a 9pm reservation the day of. I would not recommend getting there that late as the view of the water is fantastic from there, and we basically missed it. Most people arrived at approx 8pm I believe before it was dark. The service was pretty good, but not amazing. They were forgetful of some allergies at the table and overall weren't as great as I thought the food and ambiance were. The setting is fantastic as I mentioned, and the Ham appetizer along the Sea Bass are as good as it gets. But it was the service and lack of detail that sets the Michelin Star restaurants apart from this one. I hope the restaurant will continue to mature and grow and hopefully it will have a star one day. I am in between a 4 and 5 star rating here, but went with 5 based on effort.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Célia D, Bruno Mercadal, Directeur Général at La Table du Royal, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Guest,
We really thank you for your time in sharing your experience at la Table du Royal.
Our guest satisfaction being our highest priority, we pay a big attention to our client feedback.
We well take into account your remarks regarding our service and will make sure to improve this point.
Thank you again for your nice rating and constructive comments. We hope to have the pleasure of serving you again in the future.
St Albans, UK
“Great Food - Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We ate at La Table du Royal twice during our stay at the Hotel Royal Riviera. The food is very nice with excellent service. It will be quite dear so do expect that. But totally worth it.

Visited August 2013
Dear Guest,
We thank you for your nice comment and rating. We are delighted to read you enjoyed your dinners at la Table du Royal.
We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel.
Chicago
“Stay Away....”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I eat all over the world. I have never had such horrendous food and service. Yes I am a Vegeterian and I know selections can be a challenge, but attitude goes a long way...and yes they have attitude, just not the kind you want to experience. One item on menu was Vegeterian, but it had mushrooms and I can't eat mushrooms....they offered me lettuce and risotto..after expressing my shock at their lack of alternatives, they offered me pea soup and parmesan cheese risotto ... it turned out to be risotto with sodium and some parmesan cheese...disgusting, I took one bite and sent back. The service horrible .. I asked to speak to manager and he was a pompous jerk (Trip Advisor wont let me use the "a") when I complained. They wanted a 45 euro corkage fee or a bottle of wine someone sent me. At the end of the meal I got cheese, and said my three guest would like desert. They didn't come back to offer, we paid bill and left. DO NOT eat here..prices are triple what you would pay elsewhere (for good food and good service) and service is the worst I've experienced ANYWHERE. I would give them a minus 10!

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Patricia K, Bruno Mercadal, Directeur Général at La Table du Royal, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Dear Sir,
We thank you for your review on tripadvisor. We’re sorry to read that you did not enjoy your dinner with us. Please kindly let me clarify some of your concerns:
Although we are not a vegetarian restaurant, as a gourmet restaurant, we offer a large selection of meals, including 13 without meats and 3 without meat nor fish. The whole Menu is available by the restaurant entrance and can be seen at anytime by all our guests. Moreover our Menus start at 35 euros for lunch and 58 euros for dinner, which can be qualified as quite affordable.
Like in any French restaurant, it is unfortunately not possible to bring your own bottle of wine, bought out of the restaurant... As a reminder, the Maitre d’Hotel you mentioned did allow you to have your bottle of red wine and you were not charged for it…neither was the risotto that you did not like charged to your bill.
As per the offensing remarks against our Maitre d’Hotel, we’d rather not add any additional comment.
Best Regards
Bruno Mercadal
London, United Kingdom
“Not for the faint hearted”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

There was not a single dish that I would describe as honest food. No asparagus or other veg starters. All starters and main courses were polluted with either foie grass or seafood. Fish dishes were soaked and covered with beef jus. Did not eat at all apart from bread and butter. Had to order club sandwich from room service after "dinner".

My favourite Lynch Bages 1999 was on the wine list and priced at 400 Euro ! when I buy it in UK for 100 Euro equivalent. This was a real nasty tease by the hotel. I would have loved to have it but only a mad person would pay 4 times the price. Thankfully we brought some good St Juliens with us from the UK.

Visited April 2013
Patricia K, Attachée de Direction at La Table du Royal, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear Madam,
We thank you for sharing your experience in our restaurant La Table du Royal and are sorry to read that you have not enjoyed your dinner with us. Please refer to the Hotel tripadvisor page for our reply ( Royal Riviera). We hope that you will be coming on another occasion and will give us a chance to have a better time...
Yours Sincerely,