“Absolutely nice staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Le Roquebrune

You added Le Roquebrune to your Saves list
Le Roquebrune
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100, avenue Jean Jaures, 06190 Roquebrune-Cap-Martin, France   |
Aarhus, Arhus, Denmark
“Absolutely nice staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Family driven hotel and restaurant. The best service you can imagine. Speak well english. Be aware of the additionel cost on some beverages and food fx juice and eggs for breakfast are not included in the standard breakfast.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Ashford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I have been going to Monte Carlo for a conference every year since 2005 and usually stay in one of the big 5* hotels on the seafront, but this year everywhere was fully booked so we ended up staying at Le Roquebrune. When we first walked in I thought it was a little antiquated and nothing like the standard of hotels we usually stay in - however by the time I left I had completely changed my mind and found this to be one of the nicest and most enjoyable places I have ever stayed in during my business trips to Monaco. The woman who runs it along with her sister is one of the sweetest and most helpful hotel owners I have ever encountered and the family history of this quaint little hotel gives it character and charm. On arrival she asked us if we wanted to eat and told us what she could make for us rather than offering us menus which I really enjoyed. The food was delicious, homemade and unpretentious and the service was impeccable. Our rooms were clean and spacious and each had a little balcony nestled into the cliff side, overlooking the bay with stunning views. It was the kind of place I would love to just sit with a book and relax for a couple of days. The owner could not have been more accommodating and charming and her stories of the days when her father and mother ran Le Roquebrune as a restaurant were lovely to hear. She clearly took real pride in the place and in offering her guests the best service possible - something that often gets lost at some of the larger and more pretentious hotels I have stayed in in this region. She also told us where we could get a bus back to the airport (saving us the 100 euro cab ride we paid to get there!) For just 1 Euro we travelled all the way along the coast to Nice taking in the stunning views of the French Riviera. This is something I have never done and made the end of what was a fly in fly out business trip highly enjoyable. Next time I go I would book this as a first choice rather than as somewhere I chose simply because I could not find anything else. I could not recommend it more.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
7 Thank victoriaE1979
Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

This small hotel is really worth a visit.
So nice and clean, no noise and ok prices.
They will do anything to help you and breakfast is lovely.
We will be back for sure, it is a nice place to stay, if you want to visit Monaco and with teenagers.
Always free cold water with ice, when we returned from trips arround.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Kiki0747
North Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

We arrived by train, and the hotel was a 5 minute drive away, The sister were fantastic hosts, and they offered to pick us up from the train station. From other reviews about the cost of food and drinks, we came prepared with lots of snacks and our own wine, so we weren't stuck in bind when we got hungry. The breakfast is expensive: 12Euro for the breads and coffee, plus another 10Euro if you want an omelet. Since we saved on other things like dinner, we did opt to have breakfast on the nice upper terrace.

For dinner, one night we took the bus to Monaco (15mins, bus stop right across the street) and for the second night we walked up to the village. The little village is a 30min walk (the last 20mins is stairs to the top). It was worth it when we got to the top! Lots of places to eat, and the view is incredible. We went at night when it was a cooler.

The room was great! Great views from the windows, and patio. You won't find a more reasonably priced placed to stay with a ocean view.

I found the walk to beach not too difficult, and it is much nicer than the crowded beaches in Nice. They have umbrellas, beach mats and towels for you to use.

Air Conditioning works great. No problems there.

Some travelers complained about the noise from the road and train. Perhaps I am not sensitive to these issues, but I barely heard anything. I found it so relaxing and quiet. Maybe, there was some road noise when you sat on the patio, but definitely no issues when the windows are closed. I heard not a peep from any other room. I actually don't ever recall even running into another guest (except one couple at breakfast)

Room Tip: We stayed in Le Levant.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank wixkix
Munich
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

This little nice hotel with it's wonderful onwers is all you expect from a stay at the French Riviera. The whole hotel is presented in white, a wonderful contrast to the blue sky and sea. All rooms have there own teracce or balcony overlooking the Mediterranean Sea and the Cap Martin. The breakfast is served so lovingly while you are sitting in the privacy of your own teracce or at the balcony of the restaurant with its opanoramic view. You are feeling just like a part of the familiy hoping to come back as soon as possible.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank E H
Timisoara
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

The hotel is located at the bifurcation of moyenne / basse corniche and not far of one of the best roads of the world (haute corniche). We have rented a car, we had no parking problem here. The rooms are charming (I've seen them all), the breakfast is delicious and you have a perfect atmosphere (dinner too). The cuisine is very good, yet expensive, but you are in a expensive region you would not expect something else I think.. The beach is not far but be aware of a lot of stairs (not a problem to us). The old village is a Must See (spectacular panoramic views, from Monaco to Menton, lot of history).
The holiday was perfect due to hotel too. I did heard cars but I slept one of the best of my life here!!! The staff was very nice / helpful, many thanks to Madame Patricia.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dragos43
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

This would have to be one of the most beautiful hotels I have ever stayed at. The view from our room and from the dinning room was stunning. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Hotel was in a great location. We were visiting for the tennis which was a really nice short walk away. Close to other attractions and always looked forward to coming back to the hotel at the end of the day/night.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roquebrune-Cap-Martin
Hotel Victoria
Columbus Monte-Carlo
#8 of 10 in Monte-Carlo
4.0 of 5 stars 905 reviews
Monte-Carlo Bay Hotel & Resort

Been to Le Roquebrune? Share your experiences!