“A tale of two halves!” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
London, United Kingdom
“A tale of two halves!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

After looking around the picturesque Port Grimaud area with my wife and parents we stopped at the La Marina for a late lunch. The location is great and we had a lovely seat overlooking the waters edge.
We ordered two pizzas, a fillet steak and a seafood dish (whitebait?).
In no time at all the pizzas arrived. We waited a short while but after still no delivery of the remaining dishes my wife and mother tucked into the pizzas before they went cold. Only when the pizzas were almost finished did the other two meals arrive.
The medium steak was incorrectly cooked to well done and its accompanying vegetables consisted of a filled tomato. The pizzas were ok and the fish however was thoroughly enjoyed.
Towards the end of the meal a bowl of bread was delivered to our table though we have no idea if it was meant for us or another table?
There was no getting away from the cigarette smoke which wafts across from adjacent tables. This is the same wherever we ate out in France. Such a shame they cannot allocate no smoking areas.
The staff were polite but as we did not speak French they made little or no effort to engage with us.
On receipt of the bill we placed the cash with tip on the table and it was promptly taken away. Despite it not been busy no member of staff thanked us for our custom at the table or as we left.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Nottingham
“Disappointted”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

We decided to eat here as staying in the little hotel in the Marina - but we were very disappointed My daughter and partner had Pizzas but even they lacked taste . I had the set Menu for 23 euros ehich the mussels were ok but could have done with a little more sauce. I had Lasagne which lacked taste and the pudding (tarte citron) was very tart (sour) overall really disappointed and such a lovely setting and virtually a captured clientale. All the food definitely lacked taste a huge disappointment!

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Potters Bar, United Kingdom
“Very happy.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

This restaurant is ideally situated in the port, overlooking lovely picturesque properties and boats.
We asked to sit in the remaining late afternoon sunshine and I ordered a delicious meal with slight alterations which they delivered promptly. the food was delicious! The following night we ate there again, were offered free cocktails because we were staying at Le Suffren, which were delicious too and again I ordered and recieved a delicious meal.
We would recommend this place to eat. Considering the other reviews, maybe it's changed management?

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Seveso, Italia
“Just a perfect day...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

At the end of a perfect day between Sainte Maxime, Griamaud and Port Grimaud we decided to stop for a Friture de poisson at the La Marina, fortunately I didn't check on Trip Advisor first , well the position and the view are excellent, the atmosphere ...touristic , the service quick ( we've arrived at 7:30 ) and the waiters/ waitresses very kind to me, my wife and my 1 year and half son. We appreciate the food a friture mixte with french fries and a fillet de saumon with veggies and rice good portions and tasty food ( not for gourmets ) but not bad at all, a very big and tasty ice cream with strawberries and the Tarte Tatin with ice cream ( delicious ), coffee a pint of beer 61 euros , not bad isn't it. I think perfect balance between quality and price.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cheshire
“Do not go here for the food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

Delightfully situated by the waterside to watch boats from, with pleasant enough service, but truly awful pizza. Never in all the restaurants, pubs, take-aways (nor even frozen from supermarkets) have I had such a claggy, flaccid, chewy, half-cooked offering underneath my pizza topping. Virtually inedible.

• Visited July 2012