“Pan fried Sea Bream was wonderful” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #17 of 1,429 Restaurants in Nice
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Gastropub, Bistro
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Description: Un chroniqueur culinaire,definit la Bistronomie comme un restaurant qui allie la convivialite et la decontraction d'un bistro et le cote gastronomique de sa cuisine.Le Bistro Saint Louis au visage traditionnel le midi, prend des allures de bistrot chic le soir, avec une ambiance feutree et jazzy avec pour mots d'ordre acceuil et service. Le patron est aux fourneaux se laissant guider le midi par sa creativite et son experience internationale pour proposer un 'marche du jour' et une formule cafe/vin. Le soir il imprime ses origines franco-italiennes dans des creations originales sa carte et ses menus ,utilisant uniquement des produits frais rigoureusement selectionnes en privilegiant les AOP et IGP.Le plus: Une soiree live music diner est organisee chaque dernier mecredi du mois.
Derby, United Kingdom
“Pan fried Sea Bream was wonderful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Nice little restaurant, they were sadly just changing the menu so a lot of the items we wanted were not available so our choice was very limited and my husbands meal was good but not excellent. However they made a huge effort to accommodate us. The sea bream I had was cooked to perfection and the foie gras with fig compote was amazing. The waiter was brilliant and couldn't have been more helpful. I do understand restaurants have to run down produce and there has to be a change over date when the menu changes but customers shouldn't be left with a greatly reduced choice.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Polish first
Overland Park, Kansas, United States
“WOW!! Crazy Good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

My wife an I travel outside the US and eat out frequently. This is not just one of the best meals we ever had, It was the best meal we ever had. The Chef Benjamin is awesome and so is his staff. He took the time to come to our table and explain the Specials. After I tried the Watermelon Carpaccio, which was made from a combination of fresh ingredients I would have never thought to put together. I could not wait to see what the Entree was going to taste like. Then it was on to the freshly made dessert even though I was stuffed. My wife is even trying to arrange our next trip, so we can eat here again.

eastlothian
“fantastic meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

We visited this restaurant in early September solely because of the great reviews on trip advisor.It was situated near our apartment. We could not get in first night so booked for the next night. so glad we did try it. It was superb, very modern food with a great variation of flavours on one plate. my son loved the water melon starter. the tenderloin of beef was amazing. The waitress/owner was very pleased with our comments, it is quite a new restaurant, opened about 1 year. Not a large place so you do have to book. will be back, next time when in Nice.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Best in France”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I consider myself a bit of a "Foodie" when it comes to eating out and I can honestly say this is one of the best restaurants I've ever eaten at. My friend and I were traveling to Nice for a few days and found the other reviews of this restaurant promising so decided to give it a try. We ended up making a reservation (something I would suggest because we couldn’t get in the first night we tried) and eating at BSL on a Saturday night at 9. We both got the fixed 3 course menu, a bottle of red, and a cappuccino and were completely blown away. The food was amazing, atmosphere great, and staff extremely friendly and welcoming. One dish that blew me away was the Watermelon Carpaccio with Burrata Mozzarella, a true must if you eat at this spot. Price for everything was about 100 Euro.

Reading, Berkshire
“A Great Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

I can only confirm what all the other reviewers have said - this is a great restaurant. The service is first class and food superb. We had the lamb and it was cooked to perfection. Only trouble was, the portion was quite large and we couldn't finish it. After a slight rest we managed to eat pudding - crepe suzette, flambe'd at the table - delicious and well served. You feel the staff take great pleasure in working here and are proud of the restaurant and so they should be. Make sure you visit. Not cheap but well worth the price.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere