“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #56 of 1,429 Restaurants in Nice
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Wonderfully fresh local ingredients used at this "bistro du marche". We enjoyed delicious ravioles de royan in a tomato basil broth, followed by the day's special of mixed seafood a la plancha. Everything was prepared to order by the chef/owner, while his wife graciously looked after the front of house. This is a wonderful find in Nice, where there are so many mediocre restaurants.
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

The boyfriend and I found this place through tripadvisor and were mindblown by the amazing dishes they served. Great food, a tad salty but that was definitely forgiven, a perfect date night experience and great service. It's a small place so try to get reservations or drop in at later hours.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Almeria, Spain
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Little cozy authentic French restaurant at affordable prices only 5 minutes out of the touristy area. Best dinner in Nice!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent Service from a one man business!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

My friend and I saw some reviews on tripadvisor and decided to give it a try, and we were amazed by the food and the service. Simple but warm atmosphere with simple menu but classic food. The owner, also the waitor, also the chef, and also the cashier ran the restaurant on his own and cooked some amazing food with passionate. I had steak which very well presented and my friend had lamb shank which he said it was the best he has ever had. Would definitely recommend anyone who come to Nice and try what I thought him to be a well deserved michellin star Chef!

Leeds UK
“Best meal during our stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

We'd seen the reviews on Trip advisor and booked the day before. We were so glad that we did as the restaurant is small (22 covers) and was full on the night we visited; the owner turned several people away who had just turned up without a reservation. The owner welcomed us, showed us to our seats then left us to browse the menu whilst he attended to others. The menu was displayed on blackboards on the walls and there were fixed price choices of starter and mains, mains and sweet or all three course and the owner was able to help with translation into English (there were around six choices for each course).

We soon realised that the owner did everything on his own and had no staff. He took our order and brought a bottle of water, a basket of bread and our chosen carafe of wine. He served each table himself and alternated between taking orders, cooking the food and serving. It all took time and you wouldn't want to go here in a hurry but the food was delicious and well worth the wait for it to be individually cooked and served. I went for a starter and mains whereas my wife went for a mains and dessert. We both agreed that the food was the best we ate during our stay. The bill came to 68 Euros for both of us including wine and two coffees and we thought it represented quality and value (in Nice). We would highly recommend this charming restaurant and its owner/waiter/chef but do try and book ahead for an evening to be remembered.

• Visited May 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Perfectly cooked meal and wonderful service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

My wife and I visted this little warm restaurant for lunch on Saturday afternoon. It was surprisingly empty when we visited. The owner/chef/waiter was so friendly and helpful and kindly explained most of the menu to us in English (which was much better than my very poor French). After many bad experiences with French restaurants in Paris (I'm sure partly due to my bad French), this was such a breath of fresh air! The food was wonderful - I had the duck (Magret de Canard au Foie Gras) and my wife tried the fish (Panache de Poissons Creme Setoise) both of which were perfectly cooked and served with delicious sauce. Wine recomended by the owner/chef/waiter to accompany our meal matched well. We were amazed that he was able to serve us so patiently and cook so quicky and perfectly is indeed an ode to his experience and skill. Thank you for such a lovely meal and wonderful experience! We look forward to coming back the next time we are in Nice.

• Visited May 2013