“Great Service Handled with Care & Attention” 5 of 5 stars

Double Your Points
Ranked #3 of 211 Hotels in Nice
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Bicester
“Great Service Handled with Care & Attention”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Great hotel with excellent service and good food. It has a most atmospheric bar with reasonably priced drinks.
The location is excellent and right on the edge of the old town.
On entering the hotel it is a quiet haven away from the hustle and bustle of the street.
The only negative is that we were not warned of the unavailability of the swimming pool as it was being repaired. Otherwise an excellent choice.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room at the back
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Ecommerce M, Marketing coordinator at Hyatt Regency Nice Palais de la Mediterranee, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

We thank your for your review on TripAdvisor. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Palais de la Mediterranee, our service, location and quiet atmosphere. Concerning the swimming pool, we are absolutely sorry to learn that you were not informed about the temporary closure. Indeed, we informed our guests on our website and at the moment of the confirmation of reservation.

We hope to welcome you for your future stay at the Palais de la Mediterranee.

Best regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (277)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Marbella, Spain
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

Check in: I arrived at 11:30 from the uk by plane,they clearly know this as I put in my flight details on booking it online. I was told that check in was at 3pm and my room wasn't ready !! I pointed out the email that states "priority check in",she snapped back that means I don't need to que !!
I paid £500 for two nights and for that money I expect a better room than the one I had.
Don't try room service!!! I called at 11:20pm and asked for some food as I'd been in the casino for hours in Monte Carlo (not at the joke one next door!) I was told all I could have was a salad !!!!! A bloody salad from a so called 5* hotel !?!?! She said no fish or meat,so you mean a lettuce leaf and tomato ?? So I went from my room at 11:25 to the front desk and I was clearly told they of course can do me some food,a chicken sandwich !! Ok that will do,o no he couldn't pass that on he said someone will call me straight away,11:45 no call !!! Sorry,I will get someone to call straight away !! Midnight no bloody call so yet again I called,I was promised a straight away which did happen this time,I was told I could have a chicken club sandwich but I declined and just asked for a chicken one,he calls back as this is not possible only a chicken club ??? What a joke !!! 12:21 my sandwich turns up,or should a say the most disgusting food I've seen,a tiny bit of chicken tat looked like it had been ran over with some veg ????
The hotel should be striped of its 5 stars,4 star yes but certainly not 5 !!!
In the lobby I saw a Rolex display,I thought I would treat myself to a new watch so kindly asked the receptionist to give me a price,he pulls out a map and tells me to go the shop ?
Food in general is far far of a lower standard than I expected. At 4pm I felt hungry after a days shopping and only the snack menu was available so I opted for the cheeseburger with fries,I requested my burger was cooked very well and it turned up warm and bloody !!
The only thing I've found good/right about this hotel are the concierges,always attentive when I wanted my car,plus one of them was ringing around on a Sunday trying to find me a Rolex dealer that was open.
To cap:The hotel is too expensive for what you get. The staff are not all "great" some moody grumps! The concierge is spot on (thanks for all your help) The food is basic and sorry to say it but its not good !! Room service is just a joke.
I certainly won't recommend this hotel,un known to the hotel I was on the look out for a nice hotel to send my staff to as we operate staff incentives away,I think I will stick to the Hotel De Paris in Monte Carlo,in fact they have annoyed me so much I wouldn't even book another hotel within the same chain !

• Stayed March 2013
Ecommerce M, Marketing coordinator at Hyatt Regency Nice Palais de la Mediterranee, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

We really thank you for your review on TripAdvisor, following to your stay at the Palais de la Mediterranee. We are absolutely sorry to learn that we did not answer to your expectations and that you were really disappointed by our service.

Concerning the availability of your room, we did some researches. Your room was available at your arrival in the morning and our Reception gave you your room key 15 minutes after your arrival. There might be a misunderstanding as the check-in is guarantee at 15.00 but if your room is available before, we have the pleasure to proceed to your check-in at your arrival. According to your reservation, your room was a Deluxe one, with a beautiful faced sea view.

Concerning the room service and food, we really thank you for your feedback. We are absolutely sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction. The service and the food’s presentation were not corresponding to our standards. We have taken the necessary measures and will pay all our attention so that this incident does not happen anymore.

We renew you our most sincere apologies for the inconveniences and hope to welcome you for your future stay at the Palais de la Mediterranee.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

It was cold outside, and I was in a medical conference so I thought it wise to get a good hotel for Wife and kid so they can walk around and enjoy themselves, as this hotel has an excellent location close to every thing and most rooms have partial sea-view in the terraces.
Overall great stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

We really thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Palais de le Mediterranee. That was a real pleasure to welcome you. We thank you for your recommendation and hope we will get the chance to welcome you for your future stay in Nice.

Austin, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Stayed here during the Fete Du Citron in Menton and Nice Carnival and the hotel was just brilliant in its location and its amenities. The staff was first class and the view was amazing (stayed on the city side). The room itself is very, very comfortable, neat and pretty big (Executive room) compared to a normal rooms in Europe and especially French hotels. The only complaint was that the pool that opened on the first day that we reached took 2 days to warm up for use which meant, we could not use it. But that aside, highly recommend this hotel to all.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Ecommerce M, Marketing coordinator at Hyatt Regency Nice Palais de la Mediterranee, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

We thank you for your review on TripAdvisor, following to your stay at the Palais de la Mediterranee on the occasion of the Carnival of Nice.

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our facilities. Concerning the reopening of our swimming pool on March 1st, indeed, we are absolutely sorry but the increase in the temperature took time due to its large size.

We thank you for your high recommendation and hope to welcome you for your future stay at the Palais de la Mediterranee, so that you can really take advantage of our heated indoor and outdoor swimming pool.

Bath, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

It's like finding that your lover is cheating on you. On the surface nothing has changed but the trust is gone. I feel betrayed after waxing lyrical and previous rave reviews of this hotel.

The trouble started when we booked in on the 24 Feb for an eight day stay and were told that the pool was closed for annual cleaning and wouldn't reopen until 14.00 on the 1st Mar. I was very upset and disappointed but didn't want to make too much of it as the stay was my husband's birthday gift to me and I didn't want to spoil it. However, for me, the pool is one of the main attractions of this hotel. I was told that there was an arrangement to use the pool at the Goldstar two blocks away. I did try this but it was not a good experience because: 1) No changing facilities - I had to use the toilet; 2) No robes - although the hotel provided a towel; 3) A far smaller and vastly inferior pool; and 4) The inconvenience of not bring able to return to my room to shower and change.

This sorry state of affairs was made worse by the management's response to my attempt at a discreet complaint. I approached the front desk whilst my husband was having a lie-down and asked to speak to the duty manager. I was told they were in a meeting but could I say what the problem was. I explained that I was not happy that we hadn't been informed in advance that the pool would not be available for most of our stay and that I didn't want to make a big fuss as I didn't want to upset my husband but we should have been warned about it. The receptionist said it was "the agent's fault" as all agencies had been told.

I went out but on my return an hour later my husband said he'd had a call (which had woken him up) from the duty manager asking if everything was okay with our stay. Not knowing that I'd made an informal complaint he said no, he was unhappy that we hadn't been informed in advance about the lack of the pool. The duty manager offered us a cocktail in the bar. My husband said that I didn't drink alcohol so she said she would send us up something. This comprised of three small canapés and two bottles of fruit juice; as small a gesture as one could get. In honesty, I would have preferred nothing.

As it stands, the pool was filled yesterday but given how large it is, that at least half of it is outdoors and the ambient temperature is at best 13 degrees, it is still very cold. Too cold to swim comfortably. So in effect, no pool for the whole of our stay. Yes, the place is still nice, the bed comfortable, the bathroom palatial and clean (except our hand basin is cracked), the balcony pleasant and fun, the breakfast staff smiling, obliging and friendly. Unfortunately the unavailability of a major facility and the management response to our complaint isn't acceptable. Hence the low scores I'm giving for service and value. The honeymoon is over and I'm very sad.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Ecommerce M, Marketing coordinator at Hyatt Regency Nice Palais de la Mediterranee, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

We thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.

We are absolutely sorry to hear that you were really disappointed by the closure of our swimming pool as you were not informed by your Travel Agent. Indeed, we informed your Travel Agent on December, 22nd 2012, when the decision of the closure of the swimming pool for renovation was taken. We understand your dissatisfaction as our swimming pool is one essential facility at the Palais de la Mediterranee. Our Duty Manager paid attention to your disappointment and offer you in compensation the service of Champagne or fruit juices with canapes.

Finally, concerning the reopening of our swimming pool on March 1st, indeed the increase in the temperature take time: on Saturday afternoon, the temperature was 20°C.

We renew you our most sincere apologies for the inconveniences. We hope to keep your confidence and to welcome you for your future stay at the Palais de la Mediterranee.

St. Petersburg, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

This hotel is really fantastic ,room was full-functional,bad and bathroom very good,and the stay was overall quite pleasant ,is location is in the centre of Prom.,staff polite and friendly,the best breakfast in Nice,I'm sure really!i will back again and recommend this hotel!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Ecommerce M, Marketing coordinator at Hyatt Regency Nice Palais de la Mediterranee, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

We thank you for your review and recommendation on TripAdvisor.

We were very pleased to welcome you and that is a real pleasure to hear that your stay was excellent and that you appreciated our central location, amenities and breakfast.

We hope we will get the chance to welcome you back very soon.

Many thanks and best regards,
United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Hotel has a splendid location on the Promenade d'Anglais. We stayed in the room facing the sea.The sea view's bit obscured by the monumental colonnade of this elegant Art Deco building, but it didn't bother as the view from the balcony on the swimming pool and the promenade is still good. The room is comfortable and neat, freshly renovated, very good bedding, perfect bathroom with full amenities. Friendly, pleasant and very efficient staff. Immaculate service. The breakfast room is rather small so had to wait both days for a table to be vacated. However, both times attentive maitre d'hotel made this process as swift as possible. Food selection is perfect. There's an extra space to sit down outside although one has to walk back and forth to the buffet in that case. I would highly recommend this hotel due to the atmosphere, service and amenities. A lovely inner courtyard with the pool and sunbeds surely is a magnet during the summer time as it is quite enjoyable even in January. Great stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in a sea view room which I would recommend because of a decent size of the room and a balc...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

We really thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Palais de la Mediterranee and more especially our perfect location on the Promenade des Anglais, our beautiful rooms and amenities.

We will be very pleased to welcome you back for your future stay in Nice and trully thank you for your recommendation.

Best regards,

Been to Hyatt Regency Nice Palais de la Mediterranee? Share your experiences!