“Location Location Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Villa La Tour

You added Hotel Villa La Tour to your Saves list
Hotel Villa La Tour
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4 rue de la Tour, 06300 Nice, France (Old Town / Vieux Nice)   |
Ranked #76 of 211 Hotels in Nice
“Location Location Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

We stayed at The Villa La Tour for a long weekend in June 2012.Its a lovely clean simple hotel.The rooms were adequate for our needs ( a bed,shower & toilet ) The hotel is clean and the staff will bend over backwards to help all guests. They were very friendly and always on hand to direct and inform. Rooms were changed an a regular basis and i cant really say more than that.Its in a fantastic location in the old town and is surrounded my absolute beauty. Stay here if you want to explore Nice,Monaco and the surrounding areas . . . Don't stay here if you want to sit in a hotel room all day watching Television !!!!! ( They have a great TV by the way,with many channels :) )

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

We stayed at this hotel last year after seeing reviews on trip advisor and fell in love so returned to it again this year. It has charm and character in a good way and yes the stairs are narrow but not that big a deal! We love the location in the old town, staff were very helpful and very friendly they also speak english really well. Rooms are small but charming and we would highly recommend this hotel. Its the perfect hotel for a beach holiday

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
San Luis Obispo, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

This was a lovely little hotel, situated nicely in the old town of Nice. It was clean and comfortable, and the front desk staff were super friendly and accomodating. I spent 3 nights there, and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The breakfast was conveniently located downstairs in the lobby, which was "family" style, or you could dine outside in the front courtyard. There was a good variety of breakfast items, and the price was reasonable. The location was very convenient to the public tram system, within walking distance of old town shopping and dining, and 10 minute walk from beach. There are no elevators, only a narrow stairwell, so you must be fully capable of carrying your luggage up several flights. Loved the reasonably priced accommodations.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

My friends and I stayed at Villa La Tour for 2 nights in early June. We landed in Nice after our 24 hour flight from Australia and we immediately greeted my the friendly staff at Hotel Villa La Tour. Although our rooms were not ready, we were allowed to leave our luggage while we explored Old Town for a few hours. The hotel itself is conveniently located in the thick of Old Town where everything you need is right at your doorstep. When we were able to check in all three of us were extremely happy with each of our rooms, and although they initially feel small, they are the perfect size as you don't spend hours in your room except to sleep. They were clean and comfortable and in my opinion all you really need. The three of us would like to thank the staff in particular as they were extremely friendly and assisted us whenever they could whether it was translating, recommending places to explore or quickly letting us use their computer. I received a lovely email the morning we departed thanking us for our stay and wishing us the best for our next adventure in the Cinque Terre. Without a doubt I would stay here again, and will recommend the hotel to my friends if they visit Nice.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Moscow, Moscow City, Russia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

Run! run! run! from this place. I don't know why there are so many positive reviews. I came to this hotel late in the evening. I planed to stay here for 2 nights but it was impossible for me - I ran away to another hotel.

If you're still going to this place you should know:
1. In the morning when I woke up I found BIG bug that was in my bed.
2. When i went to shower I found that towels are with somebody's else hairs!!! I asked to change it, but they bring me dirty towels again! For 3d time it was ok.
3. When I told reception in the morning that rooms very dirty and towels were dirty I was told, that I'm 1st person THIS YEAR who complains. And they said that I was telling lies.
4. Hotel stinks: mould, mustiness.
5. Stairs are narrow. it's really a problem to get your luggage upstairs.

Location is nice but everything other is really really bad. It's one of the worst hotel in my life.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Oktogo.ru

, Owner at Hotel Villa La Tour, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Dear Sir, Dear Madame,
We take good note of your comments and all of our team, we have to say, are very sorry, that you didn't come to see us at reception . All our laundry bed sheets etc. is delivered from a reknowend, professional laundry company. Cleaness is one of our first priorities !!!
Wailuku, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

This property is rough-around-the-edges, but, overall, I'd recommend it to those who to experience "Vieux Nice". Loved the quirky ambiance a lot. I imagine they will replace the dubious red carpeting--and red track lighting on the steps--during an off-season in the very near future. Our "junior suite" was cute (very tiny for a family of four...if you have more than three people, I'd probably just book two rooms). The bathroom clean and pretty huge. Good water pressure and temperature--shower only.

The wine/juice welcome was a nice touch and the lobby oozes authentic charm. You feel right at home immediately.

The only quibble I had was the lack of information about parking in the area. When we checked in, we overheard a couple asking about what to do with their car--should they move it to the garage? Was the street metered? Pretty basic stuff. The (very sweet) receptionist's answer: "I don't know. I don't have a car."

We had parked in a garage right across the street and asked if we could leave and return without getting double-charged. She had no idea. I'm sure many clients have cars and ask these same questions. I emailed twice in advance to ask about parking (could we even drive up and park in front of the hotel?), but never received a response. This is an easy remedy--they just need to research a bit and create parking information "sheet" to send out--and give to their (otherwise wonderful) receptionists.

Neghborhood was great and felt safe--lots of fun to walk through on the way to the beach and Cours Saleya. Old Nice is old and a little gritty...that's what we liked about it, but if you're not into that kind of thing, definitely stay in a bigger, more modern place in the newer area. We enjoyed our stay, overall, at the only place to stay within the Vieux Nice neighborhood.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Devon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

This is our third stay in the Villa la Tour at the end of holidays in the area to enable easy access to airport buses. It has always been ideal--situated in the rambling streets of the old town and with lovely views over the area from a little rooftop terrace, an ideal place for an evening drink. Rooms are a little small and staircases steep due to the age of the building but beds are comfortable and we had a newly refurbished bathroom. Also our own little balcony overlooking a popular wine bar over the road. It is an easy walk to reach the castle, flower market, beaches etc and many delightful reastaurants. Breakfast looked varied and delicious though we didn't have it ourselves. Staff were as usual charming and helpful.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Villa La Tour? Share your experiences!