I used Nice as my base during my 6 day stay in southern France, staying at Ajoupa Residence Baie des Anges.
To start off, I was a little surprised that Ajoupa showed up under the "hotels" section of TripAdvisor as this particular place is definitely NOT a hotel - it is more of an flat/apartment, complete with a kitchen (including fridge/oven/microwave/utensils/etc.). As a result, there is no daily room service (only after every 7th day), including no change of towels, garbage, etc. It's good to be aware of this just in case anyone gets thrown off by the whole "hotel" heading.
Back to the flat itself, it's situated in an awesome location - steps from the very cool Massena Square and very easy to get to/from the main Nice airport. Although the street itself can get pretty noisy, my room faced the back of the building so I didn't hear any of this during the night (would be a good idea to request a place facing the back if noise bothers you). After a quick check-in with the very friendly fella at the front, he promptly took me to my room, passed along some quick instructions (WiFi password, take out the trash before leaving, etc. etc.) and that was about it. The room itself - as mentioned a bit earlier - had a bed (somewhat oddly located in the middle of the "kitchen", a TV, some drawers for clothes, etc, and a VERY tiny bathroom. The shower in particular was exceptionally small and was pretty uncomfortable to take a shower in...that was definitely one of the most irritating things about this flat, especially considering the rest of the flat was so large (relatively speaking).
The location, of course, simply cannot be beat - you'd be staying right in the action and in the heart of (one of) the livliest places in Nice with an abundance of places to eat, shop, etc. As well, the flat is pretty close to the Nice Ville train station to get in and out of town, and literally 5 minutes away from the stunning Promenade.
As long as you know what you're getting (a self-serve flat, not a hotel), I would find no reason not to recommend Ajoupa Residence to all Nice visitors, especially families/those with kids who would appreciate the extra space and cooking tools.
- Also Known As:
- Ajoupa Residence Baie Des Anges Hotel
- Ajoupa Residence Baie Des Anges Hotel Nice
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The residence Ajoupa Baie des Anges is situated in the lively pedestrian zone of Nice, right by the Place Masséna, the Albert 1st Gardens and only a 3 minutes walk from the sea and the famous Promenade des Anglais. In the heart of the city you will find all means of transport (tram, bus, train) as well as many restaurants and shops nearby. All studios and apartments are equipped with kitchenette (fully equipped), private bathroom, individual air conditioning and double glazing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, HostelBookers and Venere so you can book your Ajoupa Residence Baie des Anges reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.