“Terrible behaviour” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #88 of 211 Hotels in Nice
“Terrible behaviour”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

The staff here are very stubborn and does not listen to the Customers. Any one coming to this country would face problem with the language as everything is written in French. Particularly with this hotel if you cannot understand the language, you are gone for a toss. The Staff does not understand except for the receptionist. Very Agressive and stubborn and not at all courteous in thier behaviour.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Polish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This property is ideal for those intending to use the main rail station in Nice during their journey. The hotel is right there, next to the station. The facilities meet the requirements of an overnighter, which is what we did. Breakfast served quietly in a tidy dining place. Location-wise its hard to beat, unless your requirements for front office/reception is of very high standard. In that case, prepare to be delighted by the most friendly staff in Nice. I cannot say enough of the gent who received us and checked us in, we just had an unfortunate pickpocket incident earlier, and his way of handling us was exceptional to say the least. Way to go, may more people like the staff here populate the hospitality world.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Mumbai (Bombay), India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Let me start with the few positives - Close to the rail station and shopping area. Also the reception staff were a pleasant surprise, nice people and always willing to lend a helping hand. Now the negatives which were quite a few. Firstly these have been the smallest rooms ive ever stayed at. Even travelodge rooms were bigger than this, with a couple of bags there is no place to walk around, its as big as a rat hole. The bathrooms were very small as well. Second, the view from the rooms, we were given the rooms to the backside and the view was some under construction site. Third, the breakfast- the spread was the smallest I have seen. Croissant, cheese and sour fruits. Suggest an Ibis prop just opp this one if you have the choice between the 2. All in all, a property which should be avoided. Though Nice is a beautiful place and a must visit.

Room Tip: Take the front facing, not that they give you a choice.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Riviera B, Directeur général at BEST WESTERN Hotel Riviera, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Catchsunny,

We thank you for taking time for your comments.
Indeed the hotel is very well located near the train station (5 mn walk), it's very easy to catch a train if you want to visit Monaco, Cannes, or italy. I am very glad to be informed that our team members have been on your disposition and helpfull, I will let them know of your satisfaction, they will be delighted.
Regarding the rooms, I am sorry to ear that it's small, all our rooms are between 14 and 20m2, soundproof, confotable, and equiped with small fridge, a safe, and air-conditionning.
For the breakfast indeed, we propose croissant and cheese and fruit salad, but we also propose 3 differents fruit juice, ham, eggs, cereals, "pain au chocolat" toast...
thank you very much for the comments and we hope that you will have the oppportunity to come to visit us.

Warm regards,

Loic Geffroy

Hotel Manager
warrington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Stayed at this hotel for one week. Good points reception staff good and sorted many problems. Free room safe. Bad points. Rude breakfast staff. Small dated rooms. Not worth the money. There must be many better 3 star hotels in Nice. No good for a long stay, 1 or 2 nights would be ok. As close to all amenities. Great yellow Pizza van on the way to the beach which we would highly recommend.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
England
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2014

Stayed for 5 nights with my son recently and was not impressed at all. The Hotel lobby is small and the lift very tiny as it could only take 2 people at a time. The room was quite small but beds were comfortable and tea making facilities were available. The bathroom was clean and shower powerful with clean towels provided. The WiFi connection in the room was terrible.

On the 2nd day upon returning to our room in the evening, I noticed that there was no shower gel in the bathroom and no milk for tea or coffee! I called Reception to complain and was told to go downstairs to collect the shower gel. The staff on duty apologised and gave me some shower gel and milk. I mentioned that I was not happy that I had to go downstairs to ask for the shower gel and milk as that should have been provided. I therefore asked the staff - Dimitri to remind the cleaner to make sure that she left shampoo and milk the next morning.

The next morning on our way out, I mentioned it again to the staff on duty and she promised to inform the cleaner. You would not believe that when we returned the later in the day, there no shower gel again! I was so angry and stormed downstairs to Reception. Dimitri was on duty again and he was very suprised that there was no shower gel again, apologised and gave me some. I demanded to see the manager but was told that the manager had gone home. In the morning, I went again to Reception and demanded to speak to the manager, who listened to my complaint.

By the time we returned to our room that day, there were 12 sachets of shampoo left in the bathroom and the soap dispenser was also half filled! A week's worth of toiletries for 2 more nights!!

Apart from the above, breakfast was Ok. There were boiled eggs, croissants, baguettes, ham, cheese, jam, honey, yoghurt, juices and 2 vending machines for beverages. However on 2 occasions, we went for breakfast ONE hour before breakfast finished and we were told that croissants had finished and there was no Hot Chocolate or Apple juice available. I had to double check the finishing time with the waitress, who told me that they had run out as they had a lot of people staying! Hello!.........Surely every hotel has to cater for all their guests!!!

I stayed at the Best Western in Mestre, Italy last year and that was superb and the service excellent! You cannot compare the level of service with this one and the staff here could learn from their colleagues. I will definitely not be staying at this hotel again and would not recommend it to friends or family!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Tweed Heads, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2014

Stayed with my family, son,daughter-in-law and 3 granddaughters. I was the lucky one to share with the 3 granddaughters, room quite small but we managed. Hotel was a nice surprise, close to beach, markets, shopping and train station, where we took a day trip to Monaco and Monte Carlo. Breakfast was good, and the location was in a nice area, where you never felt worried about walking in the night. Would stay again, as we all loved Nice.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Whitstable, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2014

The plus points were it was close to the railway station and the receptionist was friendly.

The room was very small and dark and not particularly clean. The rooms are very close to each other and the lift is very old and tiny. We were near the top floor and it just didn't feel particularly safe or comfortable.

Being a Best Western we really thought it would be a bit better for the price. Breakfast was ok, but a lot of tables weren't cleared and it wasn't a great atmosphere - grab a croissant and go type of breakfast.

Good if you just need somewhere to sleep for a short while but my sister and I would have prefered to have paid more and feel more comfortable all round.

Room Tip: On a lower floor.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends

Been to BEST WESTERN Hotel Riviera? Share your experiences!