From Paris, we took the train to Nice, and Best Western Hotel Rivera is where we stayed for four days. Below is the breakdown of their strengths and weaknesses:
1. The location is near the Nice Ville train station. You take a right as you exit the station and walk about four blocks to get to the hotel.
2. Breakfast is OK. Selection includes cold cuts, croissant, toast, cereals, sweet bread, egg, jam, yogurt, coffee and lots of juices
3. They give you a lunch bag that includes a sandwich, a bottle of water, and a small bag of chips. I find this very nice of them.
4. If you don't feel like walking to the supermarket a four blocks away, there's a vending machine at the lobby that sell chocolates, soda, juice and water for two Euros a piece.
5. The guy behind the counter is pretty straightforward. Even now, I can still recall his line: "...For this price, you get a free lunch bag. For this price, you get complimentary breakfast which is served at the room behind you. For this price, you get a welcome drink which you can claim anytime when you present me this card...."
The Not So Good:
1. The location isn't where all the action is. You have a walk back to the train station to get to the city's main street (Ave. Jean Medecin). In fact, it seems to be in a seedy neighborhood - two sex shops on the same street, a corner stinks of urine, the hotel locks up late at night; guests need to ring the doorbell and someone will open for them.
2. Room is small (603). Bed is small. Bathroom size is just OK.
3. Free Wifi BUT signal on our first night was weak. It improved when we got back from our tour, but was slow.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Report response as inappropriate
Thank you for taking your time to write an advise. We thank you for notifying that our Reception staff takes time to inform our guests about all the complimentary offers included in their room rate: Buffet Breakfast, welcome drink as well as a lunch box each day to take away. we have had a bad wifi connexion the past days due to a technical problem and would like to apologize for the inconvenience; We are taking care of this problem with an webmaster in order to solve it at soonest.
With regards to the Hotel location, we are in fact at 2mn walk form the main train station of Nice, which offers connexions to the main costal and touristic cities such as Monaco, Cannes, Antibes, Menton..; The main Avenue and shopping area of Nice is situated at just 10mn walking distance. With regards to the adult shops that you might cross when walking to this Avenue we may unfotunately not help in any change. As in any large streets, we ask our Night staff to lock the door from 11pm and inform the guest to ring at night. The night receptionnist is available all night to open the door or help our guests in any way.
With regards to our room size, they are actually in the average size of rooms in 3* hotels in the center of Nice. Best Regards.
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.