“Great Location, 5 Star Customer Service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN New York

You added BEST WESTERN New York to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN New York
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   44 avenue du Marechal Foch, 06000 Nice, France (Centre)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Up To -30% Off Room Rate
Ranked #71 of 211 Hotels in Nice
London
“Great Location, 5 Star Customer Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on the 6th April 2013 - Chose this hotel due to its fantastic location ... Virtually on Av. Malaussena (the main shopping street full of national and international stores), and a mere 15 minutes walk from Nice Ville train station.
It takes about another 15-20 minutes to walk to the Promenade Des Anglais and the old town (well worth a visit) is also the same distance (the same direction). A well stocked Monoprix (supermarket) is next to the hotel so a good place to pick up cheap snacks and drink.
The hotel itself is well furnished in the lobby and the front looks nice and grand.
The room I had (#208) was on the small side, but I think that the furniture was too big for the room which made it feel more cramped. The french windows opening out onto the Main Street helped open the room up. The bathroom was clean, modern and well designed. There was no fridge in the room, which was a slight disappointment but as I only stayed one night not too much of a problem.
The best thing about this hotel is the service .... I arrived at about 10am, a few hours before the 'official' check-in time. The lady behind the desk (I did not catch her name, but she was of Romanian origin - if the manager reads this then this young lady deserves recognition for her exceptional customer service) didn't make this an issue. She began calling housekeeping to see if a room was available for me - even asking if I'd like a twin or double - and made a real effort to make me feel welcome. So often in the last few years of travelling in Europe I've arrived at hotels only to be told that I'm too early for their ridiculously late check-in times (anything between 2pm-5pm) and that I'll have to come back.
What a refreshing change this hotel is! They actually make a real effort to get you checked in! There was a luggage store room available, so she could have told me to come back but thank goodness she didn't, what a nice change. Old fashioned customer service.
She also gave me the free WiFi code (without having to ask! .... and yes it also works in the room) and asked if I needed a map, directions, or any other assistance. Fantastic! The best check-in experience I've had in years.

Took a taxi to Nice Côte d'Azur airport the following morning (the concierge organised this) - it cost €29 which is pricey but if you want to get to the airport fast and easy then it's okay. On arrival I took a bus from the airport to the train station and walked from there. Remember to keep some coins for the city tax which is about €1 per person. I paid mine upon arrival to make check-out quicker.

Stay here if you want a great location for transport (train station, buses and trams are all within a few minutes) and for all the things to see in Nice. It is in the hub of the city so if you want quiet and tranquility then you may want to stay elsewhere. But if you want great service and an excellent location then book this hotel!

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Bandung, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

This little clean hotel is very center. There's a large groceries "Monoprix" right in front of the hotel. We bought mineral water, bread and apples for my travelling supplies there. We're arrived from Nice Cote D' Azure Airport. To get the hotel we ride bus no 99 from the airport and get off in front of Nice Ville train station. We're get a little lost because it's getting dark when we arrived and we can not read the map. Actually it is very easy to get to the hotel. We hope this will help you. Walk down the street until you find tram railway then turn right. Walk in the left side through the street until you look Best Western New York Hotel sign. My room was queen size bed. It's small but comfortable enough for us. The bathroom has bathtub with plenty hot and cold water supply. Wifi access's ok..it can be used for 3 phone cells we bought. Breakfast is good, served in a small breakfast room. The reception desk officer is very polite and helpful. We can hear tram bell from our room...it's really make us feel we're there. There's hotel luggage storage room to keep our storage before leaving Nice when we're waiting our train. So after check out we can still go out for lunch without taking our luggage. It's nice. I will stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

just returned back from a 3nite break, and dont know what all the negatives are about.
very nice clean and centrally located hotel.
no kettle in room but when asked it appeared within an hour complete with tea bags.
rooms cleaned every day.
hot water as much as you need.
breakfast basic but enough of it, with choice aswell..
really dont know what people are complaining about. would differntly use again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Warren, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I booked on the internet and was looking for a locaton close to city center. This is the place. Close to everything! Construction around the area makes it a noisy mid-day but all was much quieter in the evening. My room was nice. The two twin beds made into a larger bed. The bathrooms have recently beed remodeled. Good shower and tub too. No coffee service is available in the roms. Actually, not too many amenities in the rooms beyond the TV with 12 chanels (2 in english BBC & CNN) The WiFi worked well with decent speed. The beds were clean and the carpet in the room appears to be pretty new. The best part however was teh service from the desk clerk (Nela H.) She spoke fluent French and English as well. Was able to be very helpful for commuincation and directions. I would stay here again!

Room Tip: Room 301 - 303 face alley. Rooms 304 - 314 face the street. Rooms 315-318 face alley.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Muscat
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I have read some reviews about this hotel prior to booking. It seems like the hotel rooms have been recently renovated. I was keeping my expectations low and hence i liked it better. The room was not very large however it was clean. The bathrooms had bath tubs. The floors are covered with carpets. The bedding was still the old style with blankets. This is something that i do not enjoy very much normally but it was ok. The heating system was not too quick. It had the fan that blew warm air a bit too slowly. I got a room that faced the main avenue with the tram. the Nice Etoile shopping center is just next door. Parking is a bit limited on the street especially day time. You can park at the shopping center covered pay park. Hotel stuff was very helpful. I did not eat at the hotel so not sure how it is. Overall I would suggest, very central. Traffic circulation is not very friendly to get to the hotel by car. Usual one way streets that keeps you looping around. This hotel is ideal for city visits on foot.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

After traveling through London, and Switzerland we landed at the Best Western New York in Nice around 8pm after being on the train for 7 hours. It had been booked through our travel agent.

The clerk at the front desk was quite nice, but that was the only good thing about the hotel, or should that be hovel.

Other reviewers have said it is modest. It is not modest it is the most disgusting hotel room I have ever set foot in, hand on my heart and I've stayed in some really modest places.

Upon entering our room and viewing the stained carpet, cracks in the walls and 30 year old furniture...I thought mmmm... Better check the bed. Pulled down the (stained) duvet and yes, pubic hairs in the bed.

Went back downstairs told clerk who said yes we are having problems with our contract cleaners, and we got another room. Again checked the bed and yes, more hairs. Do you see a theme happening?

Back downstairs to clerk. Given THIRD room, three times the charm right? Oh no, I'm afraid not. This room the bedding was stained. And I mean those stains you really really don't want to know what they are. Blood. Urine. Semen. It had the full trifecta.

Sat on the (one) chair and just stared in disbelief that THIS was our accommodation. Considered propping myself in corner to sleep standing up as no way was I getting anywhere near that bed.

Husband read the abject horror on my face and at 9.30pm we decided to leave and yes, literally walk the streets one night before New Years Eve to find alternate accommodation. Fortunately we did and I am not particularly religious but in that moment I did say Thank GOD.

I sincerely urge you Do NOT stay here unless you pack a Hazmat suit.

Avoid like the plague.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Grafenwöhr, Bayern, Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

The hotel was over-priced, un-modern (best to go to Best Western Madrid). The breakfast buffet was overpriced. Their web site stated 12 euro, but my Expedia (US) stated 9 euro and they would not honor it. They charged for coffee and it wasn't offered in the room. There is coffee and food all over the place that was less expensive, however; if you want to stay in and chill...Not happening. Very loud city life. FLIP SIDE: Close to EVERY THING YOU WANT TO DO. That was a huge plus, you can get this same plus at Madrid (Best Western) with breakfast included. Wi-fi was included. Could not open windows (flip-mode) had to fully open window. PLUS: had my own balcony HOWEVER: wasn't appealing to sit out on. They had construction going on in front of the building--LOUD! PLUS-Right across the street from Monoprix Dept Store. PLUS-Tram right at front door. So: overpriced-get same benefits at Madrid.

Room Tip: Go to BW Madrid and enjoy Nice, Cannes, and Monaco more!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to BEST WESTERN New York? Share your experiences!