“Excellent food & selection, great service, fantastic atmosphere, reasonable prices” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Boudoir

Le Boudoir
10 rue Chauvain, 06000 Nice, France (Centre)
+ 33 (0) 4 93 87 55 54
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with
Book Online and Save Up to 40% *
Le Boudoir is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
*Some exclusions may apply.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #40 of 1,413 Restaurants in Nice
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Centre
Cannes, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

As I have lived in the Cote d'Azur for nearly 2 years I knew what to avoid while my sister and good friend were in town from the States in September 2012. We happened upon this gem while strolling through Nice and looking for a place to eat lunch that was not on the regular "tourist route". The food was so delicious and the waiter (who is also the owner as we later found out) was so charming and friendly that we decided to come back that same night for dinner with my husband and 2 year old in tow!
The truffle & gambas risotto was honestly the best I have ever had...and as my husband will tell you, I try the risotto at nearly every place we eat. The dessert was a molecular gastronomy delight…I have not come across this at all here in the south of France! The “menus” and formule offered plenty of food, the three ladies shared just 2 of these formules and were very satisfied (although I think we would have all eaten another bowl of risotto had it been put in front of us!). The rose that was recommended fit perfectly with our beautiful sunny day and the delicious, local and fresh fare that was being served.
When we returned at night we unfortunately did not have a reservation so had to wait a bit to be seated (the restaurant is very small but beautifully decorated). They got to us as soon as possible and we very much appreciated this, although dining with a 2 year old at nearly 10 pm our experience unfortunately started to go downhill quickly. I commend the staff and owner for the effort but we had to wait a very long time just to have drinks and our order taken. I would suggest that if you are going out with anyone that is impatient you still definitely need to visit this restaurant, but stick to lunch! If it had been myself and my husband or just out with friends it would have been mildly annoying to wait but somewhat expected as this is the norm here in the South of France. Dining with a 2 year old is quite different so that was unfortunate. The owner did run to the store down the street to get our daughter a lollipop in order to try to appease her, but by 10:30 she was inconsolable and we had to dash out.
All in all this is a place I would recommend to absolutely ANYONE visiting Nice. The prices are well in line with any standard tourist café but you will get so very much more than you could ever hope for in one of those places! The décor is beautiful, inviting and comfortable while maintaining a black and white elegance. I would definitely suggest reservations for dinner, especially on a weekend evening or any time during high season.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Leipzig, Germany
“Honest, good cooking”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Be sure to check the opening times and days, as Le Boudoir is a success, and apparently doesn't need to pander for custom. In September 2012 it opened Wednesday to Saturday for lunch and Thursday to Saturday for dinner.

Once we were finally seated, we had the best food of our Côte d'Azur trip, at a very reasonable price. Everything in the truffle menu was simply and professionally cooked, and served with efficiency and charm. The waiter gave us the only really appropriate wine recommendation (a surprising, but perfect, match at a moderate price) of our entire holiday (I can't remember encountering such frequent incompetence - or perhaps just profit maximization - in any other region of France as we did in 10 days between Nice and Antibes). So we paid the bill cheerfully and would have loved to have been able to return!

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Boca Raton, FL
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Small and pricey, but very good. They had an antipasto platter for 16 Euros that they made vegan for me.

Visited September 2012
Los Angeles, California
“Great Service. Great Food. Great Wine. Great Night.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

My husband and I found this restaurant on La Fourchette (open table for France). Booked it that morning and had an amazing dinner that night. It is a small restaurant with friendly staff and open kitchen. Each dish that came out had depth in flavors and market fresh ingredients. The wine was also really delicious. What was great was excellent quality and did not break the bank. For a Saturday night dinner it was reasonable and filling.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Singapore, Singapore
“An outstanding local eatery off the tourist radar.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

Found this small place in a quiet street just 10 minutes walk from our hotel. It was full. We must have looked unsure, because a local beckoned us in.

The proprietors, Julien and Vanessa, a very friendly young couple, welcomed us and spoke English. They took our reservation and we came back half an hour later.

The menu was written on a board which usually means the ingredients are fresh and seasonal. The kitchen is helmed by an award winning chef.

For mains we ordered 'Souris d'agneau confit au mial' and 'Magnet de canard au miel et lavande'...... Sooo good. Foodies will love this place.

After the meal, 2 glasses of the house digestive was brought to our table compliments of the restaurant. It was a lemone liquer with flavours of cherry, nuts, orange and pomelo. A very classy gesture. Quite elegant.

Later in the week we made two attempts to have dinner there again. Unfortunately the restaurant was not open that Sunday and Monday.

• Visited May 2012