“Sunday evening” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #45 of 1,430 Restaurants in Nice
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Come to discover this small traditional restaurant to the natural colors with its stones and its typical beams of Old city Nice. Take advantage of its wooden terrace in the rise of the street saint-Augustin with a fantastic view over the "Treille" and let delude by the sound of the bells of the church near.The priority of the Chef Cédric is to concoct menus with fresh products which evolve as the seasons go by. Dishes are cooked in "Cocotte" in cast iron.
Surrey
“Sunday evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

There are only 12 covers here and the next diners have to wait outside (with heaters on the small terrace) whilst their table is got ready, there's just not the room.
Had a simply lovely meal; particularly my duck starter. Mmmms from me.
Attentive but not intrusive service.
Lots of people turned away whilst we were there. It's wise to book but they only take bookings up to a week before.
We regularly visit Nice and now shall regularly visit La P'tite Cocotte.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

New York
“Another favorite in Nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

It was a little hard to get reservations at this restaurant so I recommend calling a few days in advance to get a table. The food was delicious and definitely one of my favorite meals in Nice. I would highly recommend and definitely go back.

Visited September 2012
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Best meal I've had in France. For foreigners: the service here is so incredibly friendly to foreigners, which is hard to say about many places in France. Anyway, the food was delicious- very good portion sizes for the price. You're eating the highest quality of food in France for 25 euros. I would go back in a heartbeat if I ever go back to Nice. Make sure you go here for a nice dinner one night!!!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Nice, France
“Wonderful restaurant !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

My husband andI had a wonderful dinner at La P' tite Cocotte on Friday, December 7th. A complimentary appetizer (a terrine of the house that was excellent and served in the individual glass pots in which it had been cooked) was brought to the table with bread as we were enjoying a glass of good and very reasonably priced (7euros) champagne. My husband and I both had the Salmon for the starter which was very fresh and delicious. For the mains we had pork cheeks and loin that was served with a vegetable purée and vegetables. The meat was very tender and tasted wonderful. As we had already consumed a glass each if champagne and also had to be up early the next day we ordered a 50cl bottle of a Cote de Rhine for 20 euros that was amazing especially considering the price. I was too full for dessert however my husband had a pear and chestnut tiramsu which he loved. The price for starter, main and dessert was 25 euros and my starter and main was 19 euros. The staff was very welcoming and the service was great. We we have recently moved to Nice we will be returning to La P' tite Cocotte soon. Make sure to make a reservation as they turned numerous people away the night we were there. We also had tried to get a reservation earlier in the week and were unable to do so and now I know why. This is a great little restaurant with wonderful food for a great price.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Unfriendly”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Decided we had to visit this restaurant after all the good reviews. Went there off season with no booking. Arrived early before 7pm to closed doors and manager/waiters inside the restaurant rudely pointing to the sign outside saying they are open from 7pm only. Walked around the market with my husband for a while to pass time and then returned after 7pm. Doors still closed, no one acknowledging us standing outside though they could see us. Sat outside on the stairs for 20 minutes to give them time to set up and tried again. Still not one person opened the door or at least came out to ask us to have a drink if they were not ready yet to serve us meals. Eventually had to leave after standing at their glass door front entrance in full view with no one still willing to acknowledge us.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere