“An excellent company with great guides” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #47 of 119 Activities in Nice
More attraction details
Owner description: Startour is a local sightseeing tour agency based in nice.We are able to make you discover the french riviera in the best condition, all our ninivans got aircon and our driver guides fluent in english and many other languages. We are offring the largest choise of excursion on the french riviera, but we are making also private tour and airport transfers.
Key West, Florida
11 attraction reviews
“An excellent company with great guides”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I cannot say enough great things about our experience with Startour. We easily booked two days of custom touring and airport / hotel transfers online with Francois. Each day our guide arrived right on time and provided us with suggestions for the day's itinerary that made our touring experience in the Cote d'Azur region even better. The company vehicles were roomy and comfortable and the guides terrific drivers. Our compliments to Yann for making our trip from Nice to Monte Carlo, with special stops on the way, a day to remember and a highlight of our visit to France. We were also very satisfied with the price for all this special attention. After our experience with Startour it is clear why our Hotel (Hotel Villa Rivoli - also wonderful) recommended them.

Visited September 2012

san francisco, ca
“Pleasantly Surprised”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Booked a tour prior to arriving with a competitor based on TripAdvisor, but it was cancelled 2 days before and I didn't know what to do. My hotel (love, love the Windsor another TripAdvisor pick) gave me the option of this tour company and and another. I chose the no. 8 tour and had a wonderful day in Italy, Menton and Monaco. Our tour guide-Alex was friendly, kind and on time to pick us up at all locations. When some ladies in our group had a bad incident at a Menton restaurant, he was sincerely upset for them and demanded the name of the restaurant vowing to return and have a word with the management. I had a plesant day and from this experience, I 'm thinking of booking another tour with StarTour during my stay here in Nice.

Visited October 2012
Brookline, Massachusetts
8 attraction reviews
“Easy way to see several towns in Provence”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2011

My Mom and I took StarTours tour #6: Taste of Provence half day tour (afternoon) in late September 2011. We decided to take this tour since it was our first trip to the region, and it was an opportunity to see several towns. We were picked up at our hotel in Nice, and the tour stopped in Saint Paul de Vence, Tourette sur Loop (quick photo stop), Gourdon, and Grasse (stop at the Fragonard perfume factory). There were eight of us on the tour plus our driver in a minivan. Our driver was very friendly, chatting with everyone in the van, and made several photo stops upon request. The Fragonard tour (included in the tour price) was the highlight of the trip. The factory tour was excellent, and we learned a lot. A little more time in Saint Paul de Vence would have been good, but with only 4-5 hours and several towns to visit, it's impossible. The one drawback of the tour is that at times it felt like just a transfer service between the cities. I would have liked to have known more about the towns (history, local products, etc.), and received perhaps a bit more commentary from the guide. Overall, if you're short on time, and want to see several towns in Provence, this is a good option!

Visited September 2011