Sea view apartment rental on Nice's Promenade des Anglais, sleeps 6

Maddi3
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011 for a stay in August 2010

We stayed June/July 2010, 2 adults & 2x 16yr old girls. The 2nd bedroom with bunk beds was so small, only 1 of the girls could be in at any one time. The air con had not been working prior to our arrival & was still not repaired during our 14 night stay. We were not offered another apt. As it was so hot, we had to open the windows at night but could not sleep as the apt backs onto a six lane motorway with the mainline TGV running between.
Very disappointed, had lengthly correspondence with Celine on our return but was not offered any refund.

3 of 5 stars Value 2 of 5 stars Rooms
4 of 5 stars Location 4 of 5 stars Cleanliness
3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk 3 of 5 stars Service
Traveling group: Family with Teenagers
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Recommended for:
Management Response
Jul 21, 2011
Dear Guest
Thank you for your review. Im sorry you felt the 2nd bedroom was to small for 2 persons.As there are 2 adult bunk beds it accomadates 2 people nicely.Should the adult bunk beds be unsuitable there was a double sofabed in the large living room if required.
Unfortunately the air conditioning which is controlled by a main unit in the building failed to work which was totally out of my control and not unique to my apartment.This unit and major job took approx 2 weeks to repair and replace and I understand the property management team were extremely accomadating to all guests by providing them with 2/3 fans to each apt to ease the situation and hopfully provide some comfort.You haven't made comment that you did receive these fans.I hope you did as I wanted to ensure your comfort during this time. You had access to the property management teams telephone no's 24/7 should you have wanted to leave the apt or terminate your holiday. They would have tried to facilitate your requests if possible.
There are excellent doors and windows in this apt - in fact double windows with treble glazing and electric shutters which almost excludes all noise.Should you choose to open these at night you will be subject to city noise as in any building in a city.
On return you contacted me asking for a refund. On seeking legal advice I was told I was not obliged to provide you with this as the property management company and myself did provide fans to help with a situation which was nothing to do with my apt and totally out of my control.During your stay you did not express the desire to leave the apt or contact me with same.
As your rewiew is mostly about the issues outside of my apt and outside of my control I do hope you found the apt satisactory and had some positive aspects about it and your holiday.
Kind regards
Celine
Interested in this property?
Dublindin...
Dublin, Ireland
“Excellent Holiday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011 for a stay in June 2011
person found this review helpful

The apartment location was perfect and close to all amienties . I really enjoyed my holiday and I was delighted with the accomodation and its high standard

5 of 5 stars Value 5 of 5 stars Rooms
5 of 5 stars Location 5 of 5 stars Cleanliness
5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk 5 of 5 stars Service
Traveling group: Solo Traveler
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Young singles A romantic getaway
Older travelers Tourists
Luxury-minded travelers
Interested in this property?
Check in
Check out
Guests
from
$168
Night
Week
Make Inquiry
this property has payment protection
Owner
Response Time: Within a few hours
Calendar Updated: 10 days ago
Peace of Mind Protection
Learn more
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Listing is Free!
Protect your privacy
Get more exposure
Set up your free listing