“Excellent location walking distance to restaurants, train & bus station, beaches just fantastic” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Hotel Roosevelt

You added BEST WESTERN Hotel Roosevelt to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Hotel Roosevelt
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   16 Rue Marechal Joffre, 06000 Nice, France (Formerly Comfort Hotel Roosevelt) (Centre)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #26 of 211 Hotels in Nice
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Staff were excellent always helpful and English speaking which made it easy to find out where to go as no one speaks English on streets. Train station is chaotic so just go straight to desk as station staff did not speak English. You also need coins for ticket machines does not take notes. Quick to go to Monaco and Monte Carlo. Very good little open tourist train on beach front tour takes 45 mins excellent.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

We stayed in nice for 4 nights and I wish I had stayed in a better place.
The hotel is too old, the room was smelling cigarettes.
The bathroom was ok, and clean, but you can see it's a old building.
It is really well located, with a great breakfast and lovely staff, but they should refurbish the rooms.
The access by car is terrible, it is even prohibited to park in front of it, so you have to walk with your luggage to the nearest parking lot (about 500m).

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

We stayed at the Best Western Roosevelt for two nights in late June. The hotel is perfectly clean and very well located for Nice as it is near both the city centre as well as the beaches. Although there is nothing overwhelmingly amazing about the hotel, it is perfectly adequate. The free wifi was extremely reliable and much faster than the majority of European hotels. The staff were helpful and more than willing to print train tickets for us which was very much appreciated. It is a very reliable, safe and clean hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Visited Nice for 8 nights and stayed at 3 different places. This was my favorite out of the 3. I stayed here for 3 nights in mid-June 2014. The hotel is in a good location, near the beach, and 10 to 15 min walk from the train station. I got a standard double room on the 2nd floor, avoid the 4th floor.

Pros:
1. Clean room.
2. Friendly and helpful receptionist to help me book a morning tour. The evening receptionist from Morroco was extremely helpful and provided me with a list of things to do in Nice.
3. Tea/coffee making facilities and mini-fridge.
4. Microwave near the receptionist.
5. 5 minute walk from the Pedestian zone with restaurants and bars.
6. 5 to 10 minutes to the grocery store (Monoprix).

Cons:
1. Mattress is a bit thin, not quite comparable to the typical Best Western standard.
2. Shower curtain cannot keep the water from splashing out into the bathroom floor. Hotel should provide extra towels for the floor.

Other notes:
The half day morning tour to St Paul de Vence, Tourrettes sur Loup and Gourdon is a must (cost is approximately 52 EURO).
Avoid rooms on the 4th floor, it has a damp towel smell.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on the 4th floor, it has a damp towel smell.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Hi stayed in this hotel Mar'14. The bathrooms is small but clean and modern.room a bit dated but ok. LIft is tidy . The staff at the reception are helpful,friendly and have good English. Location Is near shops,restaurants and bars, Would recommend this hotel for a short break in nice.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I stayed 4 nights (it should have been 5) in this hotel. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful throughout the stay. I originally booked the hotel for 2 nights online but our plans changed and I extended our stay by a single night twice very easily.

The rooms are very small, even by Nice standards but it doesn't really matter as it just makes you want to stay out and explore for longer. We were falling over our bags in the room plus we had a baby stroller. They asked us if we needed a baby crib for our 2 year old but I don't know where we would have put it. If WiFi connection is important to you, you'll find that there is only 1 access point on each floor. Unfortunately in our case the access point was at the opposite end of the hall around the corner so internet connection was slow unless we sat by the door.

The lift was small but I think this is the case in all old buildings in Nice. It took us 3 trips to get our bags upstairs. You can fit 2 people inside the lift at a time but even that is a little to cramped if you don't know the other person.

My only criticism is that on the evening of the day we checked out. Circumstances changed and we decided to stay another night as we had stored our bags at the hotel all day. There was one room available and I paid with my credit card and was even given the rate I had paid during the week despite it being a weekend. However when I got to the room I discovered that the room was not ready. It appears that someone from the hotel may have used it as the bed seems to have been made that day and the sheets and pillows had only been disturbed on one side. The shower had also been used and there were towels on the floor.

There we no other rooms available so the check in agent agreed to refund me. However he discovered that he did not have the authority to do this and told me I would have to wait until the next morning. When I showed I was a little upset, to his credit he refunded me in cash. I used the lobby computer to book another hotel which resulted in a 20 minute sweaty walk across town with our bags. Not great but not really his fault.

I can't really complain about the size of the rooms as it is an old town but the above situation with the room not being ready stopped me rating the hotel as "very good" as it is in an excellent location only 10 mins walk from the train station (25 mins train ride to Monte Carlo and about the same to Cannes) and very close to the centre of town.

Room Tip: Try to get a room close to WiFi access point if internet is important to you. I f you don't mind...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We stayed only one day at this hotel.
Located within walking distance of the old City and many shops and restaurants.
Clean and fairly big room with twin beds (what we wanted)
Pleasant and helpful staff at the reception.
Will stay again at this hotel during our next trip.
Disadvantage is checkout time is at 1100am.

Room Tip: Clean, and centrally located
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Been to BEST WESTERN Hotel Roosevelt? Share your experiences!