“Perfect for a Night” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #138 of 212 hotels in Nice
Los Angeles, California
“Perfect for a Night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

From the outside, the hotel's neighboring buildings looked a little shabby, and I was hesitant to stay here even though I had a reservation, but once inside I was pleasantly surprised how clean, and nice the hotel and room was. My boyfriend and I didn't spend too much time in the room, mainly to shower and sleep. The bathroom was very tiny, the bed was big, the hotel was quiet, and the location was a short walk- just a few streets from the shore. The location was also very close to Monaco, which we went to for dinner. There is a fridge in the room, so my boyfriend was able to walk down the street and buy some wine and snacks to leave in there. Unfortunately, the hotel did not have parking available, so you either have to park on the street which is a gamble in itself because the signs are very confusing as to the days / hours allowed to park, or you can park in a structure, which can become expensive.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

63 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Small, hard to find hotel conveniently located near the beach in Nice. My girlfriend and I only stayed for a night, but the accommodations were pretty good. There was a mini-fridge!!! Not something you would expect lol, but it was great to keep cold water, drinks, olives, etc. Location is great as it is about a 20 minute beautiful and scenic drive to Monaco (highly recommended).

The only negative (and this is could be a deal breaker), there is NO parking and the guy at the front desk is not very helpful. We had a rental car and had to park about 4 blocks away from the hotel.

Although the location was great, I probably wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

I stayed here with my mom for 3 nights. Hotel is small, 2 floors. We had double room, bed was good size and comfortable, so as room. Air conditioner worked perfect. There are small refrigerator, chairs and couple tables, dresser in a room, also a small tv. Bathroom may seem a little small, but was enough for us, toilet and shower look good, all bathroom is clean. They change a towels every day, add shower gel and soap. Also we got a beach towels, but u have to ask owner for it. Owners are nice and helpful. We didn't buy a breakfast, however, they serve it every morning for 7 euro per person a day. I don't think u need it because right across the street there is a big supermarket and a bakery with everything u want. U can ask the owner for a kettle for your room to make a hot tea or coffe. Hotel is 5 min away from the beach and streets with little shops and restaurants. I would recommend this hotel to my friends.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Ipswich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

Recently stayed here for 3 nights, pleasantly surprised that the single room I booked through Late Rooms was quite spacious, clean and there was a new tv and fridge in the room. The en suite had a shower toilet and washbasin. Plenty of cupboard space with a safe and a large table and chairs in the room also. There were plenty of towels etc. Free wifi in the small lobby/reception. Staff were friendly. Just a five min walk to the Promenade and about 10-15 mins to Flower Mkt. Only criticism was the walls could do with a coat of paint and the corridors were not well lit.

• Stayed March 2012
London, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

This is perfect for people who value location, realise rooms tend to be small in France and prefer locally owned/run than corporate hotels. This isn't the Ritz and if you have high expectations from a hotel, I would recommend you look elsewhere. Its a step up from a hostel, with all the basics covered off, for a really reasonable price.
Located a block or two from the waters edge and just outside the busy shopping/tourist area. A pleasant and easy to walk to, from the main train station.

The old couple that run it are really nice and helpful with advising you where to go for dinner and what food to trial. They are very french so don't promote tourist spots to you or overpriced restaurants. The other guests were nice also.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Hamilton, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2011

We arrived in Nice, France without a hotel booking. We decided to wing it. Walking around, we saw a door that said "hotel". The sign said it was 50euros per night. We figured it was probably a roach motel, but the price was irresistible. We agreed to ask to see a room.

We walked in and nearly turned right around. I held my breath and asked the receptionist if there was any availability and if I could see a room. She showed me the two rooms available.

The first was downright dingy - large, but after seeing it I thought there was no way I'd stay there. It gave me the creeps. As we continued down the hallway, the lights flickered off and I hoped I wasn't walking into an axe murder scene (I later learned the lights were on a timer). Two Americans, a mother/daughter, exited one room (offered some relief due to familiarity). Then I saw the second room.

The bathroom was maybe 1 yard x 1 yard (on a good day), the bed was little, but the view, the view! The window opened magnificently and you could [barely] see the water. More than I was expecting at that price. The smell was a bit funky, but I figured, it was only a night, we could deal with it.

We took the room and it turned out to be a great experience. First, there was a train strike so we couldn't leave Nice and ended up needing a few extra days. They were very accommodating. I set up my bags in a specific way (ie, shoelaces in particular places) because I'm paranoid about room service. The woman who cleaned our room didn't touch our stuff at all. Nothing was disturbed.

We were so close to the beach and restaurants. We arrived on a Sunday when everything was closed. Right around the corner was a small sandwich cart and she sold us a bottle of wine for 4Euros - I was expecting Boone's Farm-esque but it turned out fabulous. Wifi is in the lobby only so I'd sit and drink the wine while checking my e-mail.

The man and woman who primarily ran this hotel were very friendly and very sociable with us. Another French woman who was in the room next to us was nosy - she'd look out the door every time we came and went. When we'd look at her looking at us, she'd hawhaw and shut the door like she wasn't watching. That kind of character that was just plain fun.

Really - we had a great experience. Yeah, the smell sucked and it certainly isn't the luxury of a five-star hotel. You're not going to get that here. If you're on a budget, you want some privacy, this is a great option.

Cons: The shower sucked and my 6'2" boyfriend struggled in the bathroom. The smell was a bit weird. Construction across the road woke us up very early. Street traffic can be disruptive (if you're on that side of the hotel).
Pros: Price. Very, very close to the beach, restaurants, . The window opened up to a glorious view. The man and woman who worked at the hotel were so friendly.

Room Tip: We had room six. Rooms 6-7 are streetside with great views and great windows that open up. However...