“Lousy smell from damp carpet - great location !” 2 of 5 stars

You added Hotel Beau Rivage to your Saves list
Hotel Beau Rivage
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   24 rue Saint Francois de Paule, 06300 Nice, France   |
Ranked #99 of 211 Hotels in Nice
“Lousy smell from damp carpet - great location !”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We recently stayed on your hotel for 3 nights.
Our stay was unsatisfactory as the room we were in had a really horrible smell and I could not sleep on the first night so we alerted the staff and they agreed to change the room.
The smell was coming from the carpet as it was damp from the leaking bath but clearly had been for some time. There was a definite stain from previous leaks. It took a white to get the room sorted and we waited for an hour but were then told the other room was not ready and would not be till later that evening. We accepted that as we are accommodating guests and realize that things can go wrong!
The room we moved to however also had the same problem and a smell.
Quite unsatisfactory for a 4 star.
I'm writing this as I really feel that I need to post a review on trip advisor to alert other guests.
The location is superb but the smell was offensive and a health and safety issue.
Anne

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Well located near the beach - because of mobility problems we asked for a suitable room - not available - we waited until after 8.0 pm for a "friendly" room and it did not arrive - the bathroom floor was dangerous as there was no shower curtain and water went everywhere -and the floor was dangerously slippery - the water fluctuated from cold to warm - not inviting. We overlooked a building site and there was noise from flapping canvas and wires all night - breakfast was 20 E each - we had indicated we only wished for croissant, cup of tea but were charged for a full buffet breakfast - never again! The hotel was full of tourists - a pity as we endeavour to avoid this as you knwo you will be overcharged by the French for everything - and we were

Room Tip: Do not stay there !
London, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Have stayed here a couple of times on business trips - for conventions at the Acropolis.
Great location, almost on the beach and on the edge of the old town. Tram stop for the Acropolis Convention centre is about 3 mins walk.
Rooms, which appear to have been recently refurbished, are spacious and comfortable and with a decent sized desk area for working.

Good breakfast buffet.
Bar service is bit erratic and the bar shuts early (and promptly!).

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Very nice hotel location which is convenient for every things, the private beach which it is shows under the hotel facilities in booking.com it is 15 euro per person that mean it is private beach to the public so I think every body will miss understand because (Private Beach Area) as mentioned under hotel facilities in book.com it means free for guest hotel by logic, therefore be aware of that. The internet speed was too slaw and old room furniture even there no electrical socket next to you bed for mobile change, finally in opinion the hotel rating margin 3 star.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Hilton Head, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel in Nice was in an excellent location and the price was reasonable. The room was specious and the beds very comfortable. The staff was friendly with one exception - when we asked for 'ice' they got an attitude. I know the whole 'ice' thing in Europe but they really made it uncomfortable for my wife when she asked for ice - no reason for that. With that being said I would still definitely recommend the hotel -- I just hope they get some feedback about how to handle the 'ice' thing. Americans like to have ice.....If not for that they would have got a '4' for service....

Basel, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel is very decent and the location is really ideal depending what you are looking for... It is a block away from the sea wall (which has a bike/blade path that extends all the way to Antibes! At the beach front you have access to a restaurant call Beau Rivage, but I'm not sure two properties are under same management.

You can rent tanning chairs there for the day, there is a massage booth on the weekends. There are also beach chairs and tables to just sit and have a couple drinks.

On Thursday nights the bar there is packed on the beach with a cool vibe.

Breakfast buffet is really good too with traditional american bacon and eggs, plus continental style - perfect start to the morning.

ONLY NEGATIVE: I booked a superior room and they gave me a wheel chair accessible room, which means the bathroom is not equipped properly (there is no shower curtain or glass screen to block water from going everywhere).
It makes no sense to me why they would put someone in that room without a temporary shower curtain??? How are you supposed to have a normal shower without making a complete mess? Totally illogical...

The room was really nice and comfortable, but if they would just throw up a $20 temporary shower curtain, the stay would have been perfect.

Nevertheless, I got through it. On my second day, I asked for a temporary curtain but they said it was not available. They said I could switch rooms if I wanted.
Well... I called the night before arriving and asked to be in a room close to the WiFi port so I can get work done, and I didn't want to have to switch rooms (mainly because of all the bad reviews on here about the wifi).

I WILL return to this hotel, the location is great for access to the old city, the sea wall, and all other places interesting to visit.

Room Tip: Stay off the East side of the Hotel if you can (street facing room low levels). There is a Techno ba...
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled solo
Bucharest, Romania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I think it is quite difficult to get a better location in Nice if you are a tourist who wants to be close to the some of the best spots Nice has to offer. Place Massena, Promenade des Anglais, Marche des Fleurs, the Castle Hill, everything within a few minutes walk. Also within 50 meters of the bus 98 stop, coming from the airport. It is hard to fault a hotel with such a location, especially in this price range. As for the rooms, not sure how the normal ones are as we got a free upgrade on arrival to a prestige room overlooking the interior court, which had a very good size (or a very large size if you compare it to some Parisian hotels I stayed in). The interior was correct (obviously it had gone through a fairly recent refurbishment, but the result is, unfortunately, a bit bland).

For the quality of the hotel, I would rank it between 3+ and 4- stars, I guess it all depends on the personality of the traveler. In any case, great for a short stay. A big plus was the staff, always happy to help and offer information (I was surprised to read negative reviews on this as we did not have any problems in our 4 day stay at the hotel).

We did not have breakfast included and at the end of our stay we were happy about our choice as within no more then 100 meters you can probably find 10-20 places to have a good breakfast at a fraction of the price charged by the hotel.

I would definitely recommend this hotel for a discovery trip of Nice and the surroundings.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Beau Rivage? Share your experiences!