“Transit hotel at best” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #102 of 212 Hotels in Nice
Singapore, Singapore
“Transit hotel at best”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

A hotel that you can stay at for a night or two at the most and really only if every other hotel in the area is full... Ok but honestly the place is fine but for the price that they charge I really don't think that you get what you pay for here. The rooms are small and the service is just ok. Room service room is bland and lacking in taste. Location wise the hotel is well situation and walking distance from the shops and the beach etc.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The location of the hotel was perfect. Beach was just 1 min walk from the hotel. Our room was facing the road and not the beach but was very spacious.
The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. They guided us for the local tours and connected with right travel agencies. And they communicated well in english.

Room Tip: ask for a room facing the beach, the other side faces the street and has no view
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Mexborough England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My wife and I accompanied by our two best friends booked for a short break here.
I have visited Nice a dozen or more times and stayed in several hotels, we are going back to Nice in a couple of months and we are staying here. I must say, after booking, my friends did see several negative reviews on another site which could have put us off but luckily I knew the hotel and refused to believe the reviews.
This Hotel occupies one of the best positions in Nice, on the, only downside it doesn't have a pool, but not many have, but it does have it's own private beach, it's not cheap but the facility is there.
The hotel is modern, smart, clean and the staff friendly. The rooms are spotless, adequate size, ours had a terrace, the seating area could be a little dark as it's a five story building and the sun misses it a little, due to the high building, the bathroom is adequate all toiletries are Temple Spa, there is a kettle with tea and coffee, plenty of wardrobe space, my only moan is the square pillows, I'm not a fan, I usually bring my own with me. The bed was very comfortable. I wish there was a better light in the room at night, I like light in the room but it was either too bright or pitch black.
It is in a great position close to tram and bus stops, the bus goes everywhere at 1.5 euros per journey, the train station is about 20 mins walk, no need to get a taxi from the airport the No 98 bus pulls up about 100 meters away and is every 15 mins, the flower market is close by and there are many local restaurants within 10 minutes walk.
Overall a great stay

Room Tip: Some rooms on the first floor have the terraces, the room on the inner side quieter.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Bristol
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We have stayed at the Beau Rivage twice and on both occasions we had a very enjoyable experience. All the staff from the reception to the breakfast staff were friendly, courteous and welcoming. The breakfast was full of choice and quality, catering for all tastes. We had a room on the 5th floor which was kept scrupulously clean with fresh towels replaced daily. We were aware of some street noise at night which we expected because of it's great position, a stones throw from the beach and flower market with shopping areas and restaurants all within walking distance. I am looking forward to our next trip to Nice and staying at this hotel again....Perfect!

Room Tip: We had a room on the 5th floor which we felts avoided some of the street noise.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have stayed at this hotel three times and have always been impressed by the quality of the rooms the friendliness of the staff and the excellent breakfast. I stayed here for three nights for the Nice Carnival and had a great time. The location is brilliant for the old town, tram stops and the promenade and is just a short distance from the Opera House. We were given a lovely room on the 1st floor at the front of the hotel but it had a double bed and we had booked two singles. The room was changed immediately to a lovely spacious one on the side of the hotel by the receptionist who was very helpful and efficient. It always helps to speak some French but this wasn't a problem as the staff were able to switch between languages. We had a problem with the safe as it wouldn't lock but it was fixed immediately we reported it. The bathroom was a good size and the complementary toiletries were replenished daily. It took me a while to work out how to use the tap as depending on how far you turned it you operated a wall mounted shower, a hand held shower or filled the bath. Once I had it sorted out it was easy! I would happily recommend this hotel and can't wait to come back.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
Fairfield, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The first room I stayed in had a sewer smell in the bathroom and was so noise located on the first floor right on the street. 2am people talking and trash pick-up at 5am! I was switch to a better room as they said I was upgraded! Well the only good thing was the noise was reduced as my room was now on the hotel courtyard, the problem is that they have meeting rooms that access the courtyard for people to smoke and if you open your window you basically smoke with them!
As per the staff besides Norberto who was very professional the rest is not close to a 2 star hotel! The only 4 star status is the location but I will not stay there again.

Room Tip: Don't stay there
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I stayed in this hotel the second time this year. The first time gave me a good impression. However, this time was not too good. My flight to Nice was delayed and I had to tell the hotel to cancel my first night booking and change the airport taxi pickup arrangements. I made a long distance call from Hong Kong Airport in the early morning of five o'clock (Nice's time). A lady took the phone and answered in French. I immediately told her who I was and what I wanted in English. However she continued to speak in French and seemed not to understand what I told. Eventually, she hanged up. I had to called again but no one answered this time. I checked the numbers I called and it was the hotel numbers. It really disappointed me. Therefore I had to text some friends to make the arrangement for me when they arrived in the hotel.

This issue made me have a bad impression on the hotel. Another suggestion to the hotel is that they should arrange umbrella for guests during raining days.

The location of the hotel is still the advantage and maybemakes me choose this hotel again. But I may check again on other selections next time.

• Stayed February 2015

Been to Hotel Beau Rivage? Share your experiences!