Stranded in Nice for 2 nights after my flight got cancelled, and the airline put us up here. It's quite a decent city hotel, located almost right opposite the beautiful Notre Dame cathedral along Avenue Jean Medecin. A stones throw (maybe around 10min) walk away from the train station, and around 15min away from the Promenade des Anglais.
Probably more of a North American 3 star property. Rooms are good size for France, which is to say, not excessively small. Beds were comfy. Room decor was a little dated and could do with a freshening up, but everything was clean and well taken care of. As previous posters have mentioned, the toilet is in a separate room from the bathroom, which is nice. The bathtub and shower are combined, but they have an odd way of keeping the bathroom dry. They use a swing screen, which prevents most of the splashes from the shower, but not all. So you may get a little bit of a wet floor from time to time.
A decent breakfast is provided, but as the hotel has no restaurant, other meals are only via room service, meaning menu is limited (pastas etc only). Internet is free (much appreciated).
I didn't go to the rooftop bar and pool, so can't comment on those.
Front desk staff are good, very helpful and all speak excellent English. Communication wasn't a problem.
The only thing is I hesitate to recommend staying along (or near) Avenue Jean Medicin as it gets a little dingy at night.
The hotel itself however, is pretty decent and can be recommended esp if you're going to be taking the train a lot for inter-city hops.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mercure Nice Centre Notre Dame is a recently refurbished 4 star hotel located opposite Notre Dame church, close to the Promenade des Anglais and the old city. On the tram line, the hotel is 300 m from the station and 7 km from the airport. The hoteloffers 200 rooms with 2,000 sqm of inner gardens. Enjoy our solarium, beauty centre, swimming pool and rooftop bar with panoramic views over the city. Public undercover pay car park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, ACCOR, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Otel, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Mercure Nice Centre Notre Dame reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Nice Centre Notre Dame Hotel Nice
- Accor Nice Centre Notre Dame