We had been in Nice two times before this trip and knew if we ever went to Nice again, we would be staying in Mercure Promenade des Anglais. I could not think any better location, it is near to everything : the beach, the lovely restaurants on the pedestrian street, old town, Place Massena where the buses to Monaco and Cannes leave, Galleries Lafayette, Nice Etoile shopping center - everything! On one day it rained heavily all day and between the thunderstorms it would not have been even an option to go anywhere further to eat. But you know, you have to eat something so that's when the McDonald's downstairs saved us. So even if you don't like McDonald's it can save your day when it's in the same building.
The rooms have been refurbished recently so they were spotlessly clean. This was probably the first holiday ever when there was no need to check if there was any bugs under the bed or anything. Airconditioning was just perfect and we slept like babies every night as the beds were comfortable, too. We had two rooms, one facing the patio and one with the garden view. I would say that if it is your first time in Nice, pay a little extra and have the garden view. You can also see the sea there and the view is fantastic! The garden view room is also bigger than the standard room. Both rooms had tea making facilities which was great since we had couple of rainy days during our holiday.
The breakfast was buffet style and very varied compared to the usual French croissant and roll breakfast. There were bacon, eggs, pancakes, yoghurt, fruits, many kinds of bread to name a few.
Service in the hotel was quite average. You should not expect any greetings when you pass the reception area. At first that felt a bit rude but then we thought it was maybe just the local style. But the service was the only small minus of the accommodation.
I would definitely recommend this hotel and Nice. We can't wait to get back there and one of us has already booked herself a new trip to Nice! Mercure Nice Promenade des Anglais is not one of the cheapest hotels in Nice but it really is worth every penny.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facing the sea, at n°1 on the Promenade des Anglais,the hotel is located above the famous Ruhl Casino. In thevery heart of the city, you will enjoy Massena pedestriandistrict as well as the typical Old Nice. As far as practicalmatters are concerned, a car park with direct access islocated below the hotel (fee-paying service). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Despegar.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Mercure Nice Promenade des Anglais reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Nice Promenade Des Anglais Hotel Nice
- Mercure Nice Promenade Hotel Des Anglais
- Accor Nice Promenade Des Anglais
- Mercure Hotel Nice