“amazing staff” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #66 of 1,362 restaurants in Nice
Cuisines: Pizza, Pizza & Pasta
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Delivery, Late Night, Dessert
Reading, United Kingdom
“amazing staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014 NEW

We didn't have a booked table but we still got a pizza for take away, it was the best pizza we have eaten so far. Thank you so much.

Visited August 2014

91% Recommend
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, England, United Kingdom
“Best pizza I've ever eaten”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014 NEW

Les Amoureux is not such much a pizzeria as an Italian restaurant specialising in pizzas. I've never been to Naples before, but I had the feeling I was there that night. The owner and his assistant, rather than trying to turn as many customers over as possible, try to keep you there as long as they can so that you can really savour and participate in the Neapolitan experience. The ingredients are all locally sourced near Naples, and you can taste it. And all for the same price you would pay in a cheap and nasty pizza chain in the UK! Make no mistake, Les Amoureux is about as far as you can get from that kind of fare. The owner also gave us a free dessert because we had been unable to book on a previous night. I'll definitely be back next time i'm in Nice.

• Visited August 2014
Vecchiano, Italy
“Awesome Italian Pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

I am both a local and an Italian, so trust me when I am saying that this Pizza tastes good!

What is more important, the restaurant serves Neapolitan-style Pizza, a finesse that is sometimes even hard to find also in Italy - provided the fact that you are leaving outside the great Naples area, of course.

A warm suggestion: reserve first. And listen to the owner - he always has something to share with the hosts passing by :-)

Norwich, Connecticut
“An unfortunate smell of napoli”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

Have you ever had a romantic dinner by moonlight? I'm sure. Here, however, the moonlight was substituted for a rancid pair of "napoi" underwear on the wall. At least the smell was of Napoli, if the food wasn't. I can't possibly describe the disappointment my fiancee and I experienced. We were expecting a lovely dinner to remember forever, but instead have a memory that we would like to permanently bury in our minds. He may as well rename this place "La Moyenne."

It goes without saying that we wanted to spend the night together. Usually, together implies with one another, and not with the owner clinging on, and bothering you with his creepy jokes. My fiancee was repulsed. Honestly, if I had the option of repeating this experience or making some hobo stew over the first barrel I found on the street, the choice would be made in a heartbeat. Don't go here. Don't ruin your night. Go eat some better food anywhere else.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Milano
“Best authentic napolitan style pizza in Nice - French Riviera”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

I’ve been several times at this restaurant in the last years and every time I enjoyed an exquisite pizza, made with fresh and fragrant ingredients. And now, with the new oven that Ivan, the owner, has built using original italian stones, it's even better. Not to talk of the great sympathy of Ivan and of his lovely wife. After pizza, I’m used to have a fantastic “baba au rum”, so good I found only in Naples and not always. Surely I'll return, next time in Nice.